Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Nden Send a message via Yahoo to Nden
Lightbulb Apexi V-AFC and auto-timer in VX

found this in my closet today. a 1rst gen APexi V-afc meter . Since this can adjust fuel +/- i think 5% i will use it with a BOOMSLANG plug n play wire harness to tweak my fuel consumption. It also sets the vtec point too as i recal.
The 2nd item i have is a unused lil cigar-shaped apexi auto-turbo timer. i think it measures and displays the AFR, along with voltage and 2 other measurements besides letting the engine idle for a pre-set time after removing the key, enabling the oil to cool a lil. not sure if it will do much in the VX i'm reswapping back in,since that has its own built-in-oil coooler from what i recall when i removed it yrs ago. Any tips for using this in my Vx? thanks and appreciate all i'm learning so far!

http://www.deantaber.com
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

hmmm ok after looking at the instructions on the lil cigar shaped auto-timer, that only shows theoretical afr, and not accurately. Basically I want an accurate display of the AFR from my VX's 5wire wideband o2 sensor to help use that Apexi VAFC and lean the fuel to save a lil more gas. I've been looking at PLX and Innovate on ebay, but perhaps all I need is just a good display gauge??? any tips would we appreciated.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
For some reason, I feel like it wouldn't work on the 5-wire, but Iono...

You don't need to buy a wideband sensor, just tap a digital multimeter into the 02 sensor signal line and monitor it that way.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

240Z - '73 Datsun 240Z 240Z
90 day: 34.41 mpg (US)
turbo timer allows the turbo to cool and slow down as much a possible, as it is lubricated with oil fromt he engine, cut the engine when its still spinning and the oil goes away, the rotation dosnt. Not much use an N/A cars at all
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
ive actually done some research and a piggy back wont give you such a good gain...but a standalone like a megasquirt or something like it is 3mpg gain on just regular driving compared to the regular stock ecu...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

so one of them stand alones like the PLX or Innovate on ebay with the sweet display (ooh gadgets he he) would be more effective in tuning? Hmm ok yeah im gonna add the Vafc just for its minor 8 or 16pts of fuel adjustment. Never heard of megasuirt??

Old 04-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

oh look at the pretty lights...(homer voice)

Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nden View Post
so one of them stand alones like the PLX or Innovate on ebay with the sweet display (ooh gadgets he he) would be more effective in tuning? Hmm ok yeah im gonna add the Vafc just for its minor 8 or 16pts of fuel adjustment. Never heard of megasuirt??
I'm talking about the standalone like a ecu that's custom tuned to your car. I had a AF display thing it doesn't do anything unless you get one of those wideband ones...i had a narrowband..
Old 04-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well this is for my VX which in stock form uses a wideband 5wire o2 sensor. i think i know what u mean 888, i used to have a cyberdyne LED AF gauge in an old 90 LS Integra -narrow band o2.that was cool to look at when it warmed up lol. I just want a nice accurate digital gauge or LCD display connected to the stock wideband o2 so I can tune the fuel via my APexi Vafc unit and save some gas that way.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=67

this is what i'm talking about...I remember when they just came out..they were $400+

Reply  Post New Thread