Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2015, 11:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
My Focus doesn't cut the injectors unless I'm traveling above 65mph. It will keep them off until I hit the gas but won't activate DFCO below that. So while all cars may have the feature, how easy it is to activate is another factor. I believe my friends with Scion tCs have said that they don't DFCO at all in order to keep combustion chamber temps more constant. Not sure how true the statement is, but is yet another factor. Without an MPG gauge or loud exhaust to hear the engine switch to DFCO it's hard to know if the car has it and when it is enabled.

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"

The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspif For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (10-31-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-05-2015, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Fiesta - '06 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ambiante
90 day: 45.9 mpg (US)

Dakar - '03 BMW f650 GS Dakar (retired)

Tucson - '07 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
90 day: 32.67 mpg (US)
did some tests.

On board car computer reset. when you reset it you just get -.-- L/100km. I reset it just as i started the steep downhill coast in gear. at the bottom of the steep hill it failed to show any reading still showing dashed lines. so it means during in gear coasting it uses no fuel. awesome! will definitely be making some slight adjustments to my daily driving.

then i reset the computer again during engine on in neutral coasting. average coast of about 80 to 90 kph it had a reading that never exceeded 1.3 L/100km.

now this is where the confusion lies. did my first EOC as well. i don't have a switch or anything to cut the ignition i just simply turn te key till it cuts then immediately turn the ignition back on again. the computer only work when the ignition is on but it stopped reading anything. it just stays at the mpg it was at when you switched the engine off. then when you switch the engine back on it drops steadily almost like it didn't know the car was moving during the EOC. i will have to do manual calcs to find my true mpg but as far as the EOC goes no issues. it is a windy bit of road and you do notice that you have to pull a bit harder on the wheel but its not nearly to the extent where it feels dangerous

Reply  Post New Thread