EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Scion XA in PA (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/scion-xa-pa-2658.html)

goodblues 05-30-2008 09:41 AM

Scion XA in PA

Just joined group. I do a 100 mile/day commute and am always trying to stretch the mileage on my 2006 Scion XA. Average mileage over the vehicle life is just over 39mpg. Last five tanks, (recently added a scangauge) is up to 42.5mpg.

I have a years worth of fuel logs I would love to import. Is there a way to do that without manually entering them?

Thanks...

SVOboy 05-30-2008 10:12 AM

There's not really a good way to get it from the paper to the fuel log without doing it manually. Just get some ice cream and get to work! :)

Welcome to ecomodder!

Daox 05-30-2008 11:05 AM

Welcome to the site. The xA is great little car and is capable of hitting over 50 mpg. Check out the 100+ ecodriving tips page and specifically look at pulse and glide technique. Good luck!

goodblues 05-30-2008 11:24 AM

I just recently converted my paper log to Excel. So I am not excited about reentering it again manually. I will start fresh now and if I get really bored one day will back enter data from the last year.

50+ would be great, that is my target point right now. Haven't really tried the P&G yet, but I have implemented a number of the other techniques in the ecodriving tips.

It's a great little game to tweak up the mileage little by little.

Doofus McFancypants 05-30-2008 12:23 PM

what part of PA you from?
I am origionally from outside Pittsburgh and my Wife is from outside Allentown

( would you believe you cannot get Yuengling here in Georgia!!!)

goodblues 05-30-2008 12:42 PM

I'm in the Harrisburg area, I spent about 6 years in Columbia, SC so I know that area. Only made it to Atlanta a few times.

NeilBlanchard 05-30-2008 01:11 PM

Greetings,

It's good to hear from a fellow xA owner -- I have a 2005 RS 2.0. I have averaged just over 37mpg for the three+ years I've owned it, including winter driving. My high (so far) is 43.5mpg -- though now that I have duct taped the upper grill opening (the RS 2.0 has a unique open honeycomb grill), the current tankful is on track to beat that! :)

Is yours a 5-speed or the automatic? the reason I ask is, on my car the engine revs to ~2,800RPM at 55mph and ~3,400RPM at 65mph. I know people who own a 5-speed Yaris sedan (virtually the same platform) and they do ~2,500 at 65mph...

digitaldissent 05-30-2008 01:40 PM

welcome, the more little Toyota VVT-i engines the better :)

goodblues 05-30-2008 01:55 PM

Neil,

Mine is a 5 speed and 2800 at 55 sounds about right, it rev's higher than I expected at speed, but that seems to be OK based on the mileage it gets, I will double check on the drive home and report back if I am mistaken. When I bought this I also test drove a Yaris, the dealer said it was the same power train, but the transmission felt totally different while driving it, in fact it was the main reason I went with the Scion, it may have just been that car, but I did not like the Yaris tranny at all.

NeilBlanchard 05-30-2008 02:02 PM

Hello,

I just wish there was a sixth gear...2,000RPM at 55mph and 2,500RPM at 65mph would be great. If anybody knows if the Yaris has a different final drive ratio, or if it has a different transmission -- or both, PLEASE let us know?

At least 75% if the time I just shift from third to fifth. Fifth is perfect for 40-45mph IMO.