Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
SGII firmware...What should I do?

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I worried about my SGII because of how perfect its been but now that I have received my 1st prize gauge from this site; I'm looking into the firmware.

The gauge I have been using for the past 3 years is running on 4.13EM and the new gauge I just got has 4.42. I e-mailed linear logic and maybe we aren't communicating well but I asked about EcoModder updates etc. I was told that the most up-to-date firmware is 4.50 and that the EcoModder protocols are still separate from the "normal" firmware (I thought that maybe by now they would have just incorporated the EcoModder stuff into the regular program).

Someone please explain what is added with the "EM" update? Can it be piggy-backed onto all the other firmware versions? For instance; if I were to send my gauge back that is running on 4.42...would I end up with 4.10EM because that is the last "EM" update that linear logic added? Or is it compatible with all versions as a piggy-back like I think it is?

Been so long since I've used a "regular" SGII that I don't remember what functions I added as an X-gauge and what was added when I had the "EM" update.
Thanks,

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread