EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   An simple idea : heat gaz (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/simple-idea-heat-gaz-10245.html)

yanlapanic 09-18-2009 09:52 PM

An simple idea : heat gaz

Hi ,

here in quebec , in winter we hit -30 degree celcius ... car milleage goes worst . But what is the différence with summer ? gaz is cold , air is cold , (engine still warn up ) ... so we can put a hot air intake but should it be possible to heat the gazoline before going to the injector or there will be condensation ?

just a simple idea ... ex: turn the line over the manifold or radiator hoses ?

Frank Lee 09-18-2009 09:55 PM

You'd be better off making sure you always have the stereo on full blast; that will vibrate ice crystals in the fuel into smaller ice crystals that are easily passed. Also the vibration raises temperature in liquids so there ya are, multiple great benefits of cranking that stereo as high as it will go. Make sure you select tunes with much bass so that you can spread the joy even further.

As far as some other way of heating gaz, I've never heard of that and I've been obsessing over this for a long time so I'm pretty sure it's never been done.

yanlapanic 09-18-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 128555)
You'd be better off making sure you always have the stereo on full blast; that will vibrate ice crystals in the fuel into smaller ice crystals that are easily passed. Also the vibration raises temperature in liquids so there ya are, multiple great benefits of cranking that stereo as high as it will go. Make sure you select tunes with much bass so that you can spread the joy even further.

As far as some other way of heating gaz, I've never heard of that and I've been obsessing over this for a long time so I'm pretty sure it's never been done.

heeem not sure ...

200 rms is not enough for that ;)

is that theory a joke ?

Frank Lee 09-18-2009 10:32 PM

Maybe your... amp isn't big enough?

Christ 09-18-2009 11:00 PM

20 amps at 12VDC (conservative figure) is 240W... if you're only getting 200W, you're losing a great deal of signal somewhere.

Bicycle Bob 09-19-2009 02:29 AM

Heating gasoline and/or intake air has been discussed here before. The biggest reason for low mileage in winter is that the air is denser and gives more drag. Other factors are road surfaces and running rich during warm-up. Use a block heater even if starting is easy.

bgd73 09-19-2009 02:49 AM

homogeny

yanlapanic 09-19-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob (Post 128585)
Heating gasoline and/or intake air has been discussed here before. The biggest reason for low mileage in winter is that the air is denser and gives more drag. Other factors are road surfaces and running rich during warm-up. Use a block heater even if starting is easy.

Ha okay , thanks for complete answer

yanlapanic 09-19-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 128566)
20 amps at 12VDC (conservative figure) is 240W... if you're only getting 200W, you're losing a great deal of signal somewhere.

HEee ... why should I have 20 amp ?

hey my amplifier is a 200 watt rms ... thats it ... 15 amp

Christ 09-19-2009 10:58 AM

In your sig, it says 20-25 amp... I went with 20.