Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Site for CD player specs?

Anyone know of one that has info (beyond things like watts per channel) about CD players? I need to replace the one in the pickup, and I want it to do a few basic things, like show the clock when I'm not doing anything else, not switch to radio when I eject a CD, dim the display at night. Fooled around with a few at the store, but can't figure anything out from the displays, and the salespeople don't know...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XLT
90 day: 39.04 mpg (US)
It should be in the manuals for most CD players. You can get the manuals at the CD players' website, like pioneer.com for Pioneer stereos, etc. There may be a site that lists all the specs like that, but I haven't really looked for any. Maybe crutchfield.com might have some stuff.

Night display dimming should be a feature on most stereos, it should be listed somewhere in their specs. As long as the stereo has a 'dimmer' wire (I think it's usually orange), then it probably has a setting to dim when the lights go on.

Switching to radio when the CD ejects, I'm not so sure about, that sounds like something that might be built into the player.

Showing the clock should be a setting on most players.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sure, I could look through manuals, but that's going at the problem backwards, and is definitely going to be a lot of work, given all the different models of CD player out there.

I agree about clock & dimmer: I'd think they ought to be standard features, but if they are on the old one that's in there, the settings are well hidden.

Reply  Post New Thread