EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Smashed Civic HX (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/smashed-civic-hx-4514.html)

GregM 08-13-2008 12:03 PM

Smashed Civic HX

Unfortunately, I have a smashed 1999 Civic HX for sale...

Insurance is wanting to give me $1150 for it, and I don't think I have the money to repair it (unfortunately).

I rear-ended a firebird and smashed up the hood, bumper, radiator, front quarter panels, and "doghouse" (whatever the frame that goes in front of the engine bay is called). Engine still runs, the CVT is un-happy, but will move the car, and pretty much everything else is in good shape. Nothing is protruding into the wheel wells, and the front left headlight is still intact (other smashed to bits, but running light works ;)) Its got pretty new tires and 138,500 miles on it.

Let me know what you guys think this is worth or if you are interested. The Collision repair center said they would buy it, but only gave me a ball-park figure of $1000-1500 before the insurance company made their assessment.

MetroMPG 08-13-2008 12:06 PM

You only got 3 weeks from your HX! Bummer.

GregM 08-13-2008 01:54 PM

Yeah... I know...

It was getting 36MPG while delivering pizzas... definitely beyond my expectations.

Also got 47MPG on a road-trip to MI, driving 55/75 on the highway and probably about 80 mi of city driving.

On the way back, got about 36MPG doing 85-90 (we were in a huge hurry, but keeping up with traffic) for about 200 miles

Red 08-13-2008 02:00 PM

Damn dude that sucks. $1150 sounds pretty low for a 99 HX even with that kind of mileage. I'd see if I could get them to up that figure a bit

GregM 08-13-2008 02:08 PM

They say the car is worth $3700 (before accident)... bull****, you can't find a 99 civic anywhere for that price unless it has 250,000 miles...

Daox 08-13-2008 03:26 PM

You can argue with them and supply them with proof that its worth more. My parents did this with a vehicle they had totaled and they ended up getting more for it. That being said, I'd like to see a pic of the damage. I might know someone interested.

cfg83 08-13-2008 04:52 PM

GregM -

Are you Ok? I feel bad for your HX. If you were near San Diego, you could see if the "VX transplanter dude" would take it for the drivetrain.

CarloSW2

lovemysan 08-14-2008 10:45 AM

Sounds like they're undervaluing the car at least slightly. Does $3700 include taxes? They're supposed to pay sales tax on the value of the car also? Did you see a good chiropractor? We have "medpay" on our insurance, they paid for the last wreck/chiropractor visits no questions asked. You should at least get what you paid for the car. I bought my car well under book and I would expect book retail value, it was my hard work and shopping patience that got the deal. I spent 6 weeks looking for a car like the saturn, I expect to be compensated.

Red 08-14-2008 12:11 PM

You might want to show your insurance company some ads of comparable HXs to prove the value of the car. Plus any receipts of any work you had done on the car as well.

Otto 08-14-2008 02:02 PM

Just tell the insurance company to find you one in the local area that was equivalent to yours before the wreck, and buy it for you. After they find nonesuch, they'll change their tune.