EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   So what's on your scangauge? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/so-whats-your-scangauge-7102.html)

chuckm 02-12-2009 10:47 PM

So what's on your scangauge?

Just curious what others generally keep running on their scangauge. Personally, I have the trip mpg (xgauge), mph, instant mpg, and gph.

americasfuture2k 02-14-2009 11:47 PM

wrong thread.

brucepick 02-19-2009 07:08 PM

TPS - - - - MPG
LBN - - - - aFE

TPS is critical to helping the car stay in lean burn. Has to be <20 to go in. Anything over 31, and it will go out of LB.

aFE is Average Fuel Economy for the current trip. It's an X-Gauge setting based on the avg mpg for current trip. The manual tells how to set up that one.

LBN is Lean Burn, for my Civic HX. Below is the setup for that gauge. I got the setup from a post by MrChoi on another board.

Use the code below to monitor lean burn with the Scan Gauge II.
To Monitor Lean Burn, type in:
TXD 686AF10115
RXF 044105150000
RXD 2808
MTH 000100020000
NAM LBN

and save.

If the value for LBN = 0 you are in lean burn.
If the value is higher than zero, you are not in lean burn.

1337 02-24-2009 12:00 AM

MPH fWT
MPG LOD

I like the MPH readout because my speedo only shows increments of 2. Water Temp is useful because I'm experimenting with grill blocks, and I want to make sure my engine doesn't warm up enough to trigger the fan. It's always fun to have the current mpg.

LOD is my favorite display; it's perfect for DWL.

RobertSmalls 02-25-2009 10:55 PM

Trip gallons used (that's the quantity I try to minimize), trip mpg, °FwT so I know when to turn on the heater.

shovel 02-25-2009 11:27 PM

• ATF temp
  • water temp since the factory gauge is just a blank needle ("if it's over there, it's cold... if it's somewhere in the middle it's OK, if it's over there by the red part it's hot" )
  • don't particularly care
  • don't particularly care

;)

chuckm 02-26-2009 07:27 AM

I use my GPH as an approximation of DWL. I use it as a way to ensure a "steady foot" driving technique.
Shovel: Why do you use the ATF temp? Even though it does affect FE, it seems like it would be something you can't directly control.

shovel 02-26-2009 10:43 AM

I don't use scangauge as a fuel efficiency tool... but I do use my truck for "very rough service" in Arizona - and transmissions are expensive. When the trans fluid is over ~210 or so, I stop & idle (only happens on long/steep inclines now that a large aux. cooler is fitted) - the factory equipped warning lamp only illuminates when trans temp exceeds 290F :eek: - juice doesn't last long at that kind of temp :thumbup:

brucepick 02-28-2009 08:38 AM

Lately I've been showing water temp in lower right corner.
Don't want to run hot in warmer weather. I put the grill block on during winter so I don't know exactly what effect it will have in warmer weather.

NeilBlanchard 02-28-2009 03:22 PM

Average Gas Mileage --- Water Temp (F)
Instant mileage --------- Throttle position