Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Alternative Transportation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
ECO-Evolution

Iron Horse (retired) - '97 Iron horse Intrepid

Ninja - '08 Kawasaki 250R
90 day: 76.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentPointofView View Post
How about if a pedestrian is illegally crossing an intersection and you have a green light, yet you hit them, how would that side? I would like some evidence to prove my teacher wrong! (and it's almost impossible to do so!)
Here.

Quote:
Before a�personal injury (civil)�suit can be brought against the offending party, the plaintiff must be able to prove (and show evidence of) neglect. For example, if a pedestrian is standing on a sidewalk and the driver of a truck runs up on the sidewalk, hitting the pedestrian, the pedestrian has a legal right to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. On the other hand, if the pedestrian crosses a busy street against a signal and without a cross-walk, he or she will be found liable if hit by a motorist. There was no neglect on the part of the motorist; the pedestrian behaved carelessly

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Red Jeep Patriot - '07 Jeep Patriot
90 day: 25.14 mpg (US)

Beige Ford Ranger - '95 Ford Ranger XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentPointofView View Post
How about if a pedestrian is illegally crossing an intersection and you have a green light, yet you hit them, how would that side? I would like some evidence to prove my teacher wrong! (and it's almost impossible to do so!)
No, because that would fall under the Pedestrian Act of Saskatchewan. I know, because that's what the first lady I talked to on the phone thought my claim would fall under that act if I was struck on a bicycle. I was quick to point out that cyclists aren't really pedestrians though .

In my province, motorists are required to have a higher respect for pedestrians (and it does say cyclists too), no-matter what the case. The loophole is with the cyclists I suppose.

Reply  Post New Thread