Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
£10 one from ebay - hang on have a linky

ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD ELM 327 Interface wirelss Torque Scanner Scantool | eBay

The Torque Wiki suggests this may work or may not, but for £10 its worth a punt. I need to work out where to put the phone, Brodit clips are spendy.
That's definitely on my shopping list but I've read the same concerns about it not working with the Torque app. If anyone has experience with this specific device...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm using an ELM327 ($16 inc. shipping on Ebay), Torque, and a Droid X on my Honda Insight. I love it, best $21 I ever spent. I have owned a Scan Gage and an Ultra gage, no comparison.
The Following User Says Thank You to silverinsight2 For This Useful Post:
tjts1 (09-27-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I got my hands on the ELM327 and $5 paid version of torque. Works great with my 96 volvo. Its really nice getting the raw sensor outputs like TPS, ignition timing, O2, MAP, CLT, air temp, RPM as well as calculated outputs like load, fuel consumption etc. One thing I noticed is the FE both instant and average is has a much higher update rate than the car's trip computer. The car's display was always underestimating my mileage by about 10-15% but the torque app is spot on. This is despite the fact that torque doesn't seem to realize when the engine is in overrun with injectors turned OFF. It will read tripple digit FE numbers if I'm coasting in neutral but if I pop it into gear and continue to coast with injectors OFF it drops instant FE into the 60-80mpg range. It just follows the MAF regardless if injectors are running.

Reply  Post New Thread