EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   South East / Mid Michigan Meet Up (4-27-2013) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/south-east-mid-michigan-meet-up-4-27-a-24009.html)

WesternStarSCR 11-16-2012 01:01 PM

South East / Mid Michigan Meet Up (4-27-2013)

Alright, new guy here is throwing down the gauntlet:

Frankenmuth, Michigan (aka Little Bavaria)

Great little tourist trap town, and a way to bring the family, friends, so eveyone can shop,eat, swap ideas, check out other modders cars, and have a beer or two (or pop, whatever)... or some Zhenders chicken.

Of course, Christmas shopping at Bronners for those so inclined. Birch Run outlet mall is nearby as well.

I am thinking Saturday, April 27, 2013.

Halfway between Easter and Mothers day, and a few days after Earth day...

Zero Details other than that. Hopefully that works for some folks.

Weather Spotter 11-16-2012 03:39 PM

I put it in my calendar :)

If you want I could scope out a mpg race course ... See who gets the best mph over 15-20 miles?

WesternStarSCR 11-16-2012 04:13 PM

Cool. It's up to you, lots of time before then. I was thinking it would be cool just to try and gather up as many as who can make it to swap stories, ideas and ribbing. Anything else is icing. Never did anything like it, so all ideas are cool by me. I got car nut relatives I am going to invite too, just to give and get non ecomodders their too.

Weather Spotter 11-16-2012 04:38 PM

Sure invite one and all. I have been to one other em meet up and it was a blast !

Sven7 11-17-2012 01:19 PM

Hmm...

myrefugeisintheLord 12-18-2012 10:39 PM

This might be the perfect excuse to head out that direction and visit a friend. :p I'll have to see if I can make this trip a reality. :thumbup:

Weather Spotter 12-19-2012 07:41 AM

Maybe you can draft sven7 from Minnesota to Michigan :)

myrefugeisintheLord 12-20-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Spotter (Post 346145)
Maybe you can draft sven7 from Minnesota to Michigan :)

Lol, he doesn't offer much to draft off of. And the CRX's back end might be squarish, but it's small too!

I'd probably head over a couple of days early anyway. ;) (IF I CAN GO.)

GRU 12-20-2012 11:45 AM

Sounds good...i can join you guys

WesternStarSCR 12-20-2012 12:06 PM

Some planning to do...

I will take a look at the general areas in / near Frankenmuth over the Christmas break (Google, not actually go there this time of year!).

Some parking is more on outskirts, but there are some areas I can think of. There is an outdoor mall, the brewery, over at Bronner's, even the Michigan Aviation museum.

I don't want to have to get special civic approval, except maybe touching base with some business owners at the meet up area ahead of time to get their buy in, in exchange for business and advertising if needed?

My very general thoughts were to have a location to park that may get some positive local attention, since it literally a few days after earth day. There is a TON of foot traffic in good weather, lots of shops and restaraunts down the main drag.

If nothing more, Earth Day still gets people at least THINKING about doing something good for the environment (and wallet).

So this would be an example to show people on how to actually DOING, not just SAYING?

Priorities: Have Fun, Meet New People.

Then all the rest has the same importance: Spend Time swapping ideas, test rides, general car nut stuff, getting locals (tourists) to ask questions or at least see the mild to the extreme ecomodding, showing off the basic tools of the trade (grill block, scan gauge, taking weight out of car trunks, PSI, driving styles etc). Did I mention have fun and meet new people?

I have never done this before, so if anyone has suggestions and thoughts on making the most of it, please PM me or post here!

Thanks for your interest!!!