Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2022, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Beginner

WJ - '03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Team E85
90 day: 17.28 mpg (US)

ZJ - '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
The start of Ecomods: A 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hey!

My name is Ian, and I’ve skimmed through Ecomodder for years, admiring the build success stories and mods. Now that I’m halfway through college and I actually have a bit of money to do the mods that have been floating around in my head, I’m going to start by trying to boost the mileage of my ‘03 Jeep WJ with the legendary 4.0l.

I run E85 in it and I have a lifetime average of 14.15mpg, which is only 12% less than the EPA rated 16 combined mpg, with a fuel that has 23% less energy (~ in my area). It gets me about $0.0163 per mile, which offsets the lower mpg.

Currently the only mods I have done are an E85 injector pulse-extender and Bosch 12 hole injectors. I don’t know how the injectors effected mileage as my old ones were leaking.

I have several mods in mind, and I have them listed on my garage, but the next things I am going to do are use 5w-20 synthetic oil, play with the IAT and a potentiometer, and install a block heater.

As for myself, I learned electronics and cars from my Dad, and even more cars from my Grandad. Currently in school for Mechanical Engineering. My other ride is a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme that my Grandad and I built, but I won’t be ecomodding it!

So hopefully that wasn’t too much information. I look forward to talking to everyone and swapping ideas! Thanks for

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
intro, introduce, introduction, jeep, new ecomodder