EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Stick users 90% here? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/stick-users-90-here-22898.html)

larrybuck 08-12-2012 06:23 PM

Stick users 90% here?

According to THEM: Here in the USA THEY say only 5% of the American public
in their own vehicles drive stick shifts instead of automatics.

I'm guessing that serious people on this forum are 90% stick people.

Do you think my estimate is a bit high or what?

Weather Spotter 08-12-2012 06:49 PM

you are a bit high but I think here its about 50/50

Gealii 08-12-2012 07:13 PM

i would say the more serious ecomodders would have a stick, but alot of us just fall into cars that were being sold at a steal price. I was personally only looking for a stick for my last car, but then my buddy offered an auto 4banger that was in excellent condition for the area and price and had to take it. Others have the significant other that refuses to learn how to drive stick

Flakbadger 08-12-2012 08:23 PM

I searched for a Yaris Sedan for almost 3 months trying to find a single one with a manual transmission that didn't also have a billion miles on it. I refused to compromise.
I'm worried that in 5-10 years there won't be a manual transmission option on any vehicle.
EDIT: Mine IS a manual transmission, I didn't explicitly say so earlier.

Ryland 08-12-2012 08:52 PM

Any way to add a poll on to this thread?

sid 08-12-2012 08:56 PM

I thought there was a poll on this subject a few months ago.

By the way, I drive a stick. I am also concerned that there may be no manual transmission option in the future.

Diesel_Dave 08-12-2012 09:31 PM

You know you're an ecomodder when you regard the automatic transmission as an evil, destructive technology...in the same category as nuclear weapons, nerve gas, and torture devices.

scivicblu83 08-12-2012 10:02 PM

stick

2000neon 08-12-2012 10:40 PM

I am in the exact situation Gealii described, I was looking specifically for a manual, but my Neon came up at far too good of a deal to pass up with an auto.

BackroadBomber 08-12-2012 11:03 PM

Both of my vehicles are stick. They've already phased out standards in pickup trucks in the u.s. the Tacoma and Colorado have the option, but those are mid-sized. The only full size truck you can get with a manual in the states, last time I checked, is a ford f-250 or larger only with a diesel. The f-250's and up had the standard option with the gas engines untill 2011 when they changed the engines. Chevy trucks nixed the standard after 07 (except for diesels) f-150's after 03 were only auto and I have no idea about dodges. Most mid sized cars are only available with auto. It actually amazes me that the new ford fusion is available in stick, and the first few years of the ford escape (04-06 i think) had it as an option. Luckily though, smallers cars still come standard with a standard. Although, I believe in the next decade it'll become an option that will cost more.