Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Neon1 - '97 Plymouth Neon highline
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)
Success with the Neon to Larger Car

After using many of the mods here on the Neon, I found that it simply was not holding up to space and travel considerations with wife, kids, etc. A friends GF fell in love with it and he stopped by the house and asked if I would be interested in selling it. I had already been considering it as it was only being used when I was alone and around town...and we had been using the wife's car for everything else.

So, then I find out the reason she is so interested in the Neon is that she currently has an intrepid that she finds too large for her. A trade was made straight across.

The cool thing with the trep is that it has the FE readout computer built in, so I can move the scangauge to the wife's car. Better readouts for both

I have a starting goal of 30 average on the Intrepid. It already does that on the highway bone stock...so it should be do-able. The first generation LH cars are very aerodynamic (probably more than the neon)

So....why posting this under success?

1. Using a lot of the hints here, I got much improved MPG in the summer on the Neon.

2. The success of these projects is inspired by the people on the site and seeing what they can do. I am not as hardcore as some....But any improvement is a success.

So thanks to all that have inspired me on the first project.....
On to the second.

Jim

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Even though the 'trep is aero as it sits, there are still dirty spots that can be worked out... especially in the areas of engine lube, maintenance, and heavy-right-footed-ness.

Good luck with the new project!

Reply  Post New Thread