Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heilopower

Platinum Ghost - '14 Ford Fusion SE
90 day: 27.51 mpg (US)
Synthetic ATF mileage?

I have put Royal Purple gear lube in the rear end of my 1999 F-150 4.6 with surprising results of about 3/4 mile per gallon improvement. I had been running regular Royal Purple in the engine since the first oil change. Recently I went to the high zinc content Royal Purple HPS which they refer to as their street oil. I saw a slight improvement of 1/4 mile per gallon.

The ATF fluid in the transmission is due for replacement soon. Is there any member out there with any experience with what results might happen with a change to the Royal Purple ATF?

A friend changed to the Royal Purple ATF a couple of years ago and never bothered to check for improvement of mileage. Just treated it as business as usual. The Royal Purple website has a claim of improved mileage. Very expensive to do a ABA test with 16 quarts of expensive ATF, so was curious as what I might expect in improvement.

Goldenstate

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have a cvt in my honda and finding fluid for it from someone other than the dealer is next to impossible. I found redline and royal purple made it, but it was like 25 bucks a qt. THe honda dealer around here wants 10-15 bucks a qt. I found a 6 pack of eneos for 45 bucks online and went with it.

I cant tell any mpg changes, but I like how it works when warm and the going gets tough.

Reply  Post New Thread