Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #171 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
I've tried but it gives the following error:
mpguino_1_86_tav_c: 5607: error: 'idxCorrFactor' was not declared in this scope
mpguino_1_86_tav_c: 5630: error: 'idxCorrFactor' was not declared in this scope

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Ah... that was the other thing.

Go to about line 1758, and there should be something that looks like:

Code:
#ifdef useChryslerMAPCorrection
const uint8_t idxCorrFactor = nextAllowedValue + 1;
#define nextAllowedValue idxCorrFactor
#endif
Then, make this change:
Code:
#ifdef useIsqrt
#endif
Also, go to line 870, and change this line from:
Code:
const uint8_t pInjectorCountIdx = 				nextAllowedValue + 1;
to this:
Code:
const uint8_t pInjectorCountIdx = 				pRefFuelPressureIdx + 1;
Failure to do that will result in code, compiling with the "useCalculatedFuelFactor" option enabled, to display wildly inaccurate fuel rates and speeds, as I learned to my great surprise the other day. Ugh...

I can't post the latest code yet, because I just got done reverting the fuel injector interrupt code back to using two separate pins, and I haven't yet tested it yet to see if it works.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #172 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
t_vago, In next couple of weeks I'm taking a round trip across central Europe, with a plan to make ~4kkm and the plan is to test your code. So my question is... Any recent updates that you could post here for me to upload the latest version? Finally I'll be able to test it and I'm so glad to be able to finally see all those nice features working.

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrzejM For This Useful Post:
t vago (10-11-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #173 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

An observation/question or "am I missing something", not a complaint:

I added a VSS sensor to vehicle "B" in order to be MPGuino capable. Known is that in "direct" 1:1 transmission gear that ~2450 RPM = 60 MPH. Thus 1 minute = 1 mile = 2450 driveshaft rotations with a 4 toothed sensor wheel = 9800 teeth or pulses/mile.

However, it seems as though both a rising and falling edge are registering as a pulse since displayed MPH was double actual. PPM needed to be set to 19600 to display a realistic value (not yet calibrated -- just ballpark).
Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #174 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
t_vago, In next couple of weeks I'm taking a round trip across central Europe, with a plan to make ~4kkm and the plan is to test your code. So my question is... Any recent updates that you could post here for me to upload the latest version? Finally I'll be able to test it and I'm so glad to be able to finally see all those nice features working.
a 4k km test run? That would truly be awesome! Are you going to be able to reprogram your MPGuino during this trip? Reason I'm asking, is because the code itself is still changing, although no longer on a daily basis. I'm currently chasing down a potentially serious bug in the fuel injector pulse reading code, and I'd like to know that you would be able to apply the possible bug fix, when one comes out.

Also, I'd like to finalize the A-B graphical display, and I'd like to get the coastdown test code working (there are several defined EEPROM parameters so far, the RAM variables have been defined, and the coastdown data gathering routine is up and running, but the actual computation and display code has not yet been coded).

I'll post the latest version, later on today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
it seems as though both a rising and falling edge are registering as a pulse since displayed MPH was double actual. PPM needed to be set to 19600 to display a realistic value (not yet calibrated -- just ballpark).
Yah, both the 1.86 code and the original MPGuino code count both the rising and the falling edges of the VSS pulse train. At first glance, that doesn't appear to make a whole lot of sense. However, if you consider that some VSS pulse trains are mechanically generated via reed switches (instead of Hall effect sensors), then it makes a little bit of sense, because there is then a need to be able to debounce said switches.

It's a fancy way of saying "I kept it in the 1.86 code because it's always been there."
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
Ardent (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #175 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Ah... that was the other thing.

Go to about line 1758, and there should be something that looks like:

Code:
#ifdef useChryslerMAPCorrection
#endif
Then, make this change:
Code:
#ifdef useIsqrt
#endif
Also, go to line 870, and change this line from:
Code:
const uint8_t pInjectorCountIdx = 				nextAllowedValue + 1;
to this:
Code:
const uint8_t pInjectorCountIdx = 				pRefFuelPressureIdx + 1;
Failure to do that will result in code, compiling with the "useCalculatedFuelFactor" option enabled, to display wildly inaccurate fuel rates and speeds, as I learned to my great surprise the other day. Ugh...

I can't post the latest code yet, because I just got done reverting the fuel injector interrupt code back to using two separate pins, and I haven't yet tested it yet to see if it works.
Ok I have done to change the code, so missing test.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 10-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #176 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
Quote:
a 4k km test run? That would truly be awesome! Are you going to be able to reprogram your MPGuino during this trip? Reason I'm asking, is because the code itself is still changing, although no longer on a daily basis. I'm currently chasing down a potentially serious bug in the fuel injector pulse reading code, and I'd like to know that you would be able to apply the possible bug fix, when one comes out.

Also, I'd like to finalize the A-B graphical display, and I'd like to get the coastdown test code working (there are several defined EEPROM parameters so far, the RAM variables have been defined, and the coastdown data gathering routine is up and running, but the actual computation and display code has not yet been coded).
Yes that's the plan - 4kkm test run Two parts of it first will be trip to Prague, next week and the week after I'm going to Sofia. I'll be able to upload new code without any problem. If I'll only get access to EM So you can post updates and I'll upload the code immediately. And of course I'll post the results

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrzejM For This Useful Post:
t vago (10-11-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #177 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
It's a fancy way of saying "I kept it in the 1.86 code because it's always been there."
Ha! How about some planned obscolescence?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #178 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
Ha! How about some planned obscolescence?
Heh... It's possible... Gotta do a massive edit on the wiki page, though, to correct all them VSS pulses/mile values there... and gotta let everyone know not to use previous versions of MPGuino...

Believe me, I'd love to do nothing more than to add one little line to the code that would correct all of this. However, my hands are tied, so to speak.

In any case, I tested the latest and greatest version of the code earlier today, and I can say with high confidence that it is mostly bug free! (At least, as far as I could tell...) So, here it is (at the first post of this thread).

Last edited by t vago; 05-11-2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: current MPGuino code version is at first post of this thread
Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #179 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
t vago,

You've done a tremendous job and hats off gentlemen! I'll uppload the code today after configuring it to my MPGuino setup, like legacy buttons 16MHz etc. Hopefully I'll have a feedback for you next week after first part of my planned trip.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #180 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Arduino UNO with remote display enclosure:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MPGuino Display0.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	13923  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardent For This Useful Post:
AndrzejM (10-13-2013), t vago (10-12-2013)
Reply  Post New Thread