Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Creating an EV course for High Schools and Tech Schools

For some time, I’ve been producing training instructional DVDs to show how ANYONE can build their own electric car or motorcycle.

I love getting e-mails from people with a note and a photo saying “Thanks for your videos, look what I built using that info!”

But frankly, it’s not enough. We need to get entire schools going teaching students about clean transportation, renewable energy, and showing how they can do anything they put their mind to!

I’ve already donated quite a few copies of the BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR and BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE instructional DVDs to High Schools, Colleges, and Tech Schools. However, without additional curriculum, workbooks, and other materials, it’s a bit difficult for a teacher to really get a good class or extra-curricular started at their school.

So, my idea is to create a text-book style work-book and course outline so that any shop or science teacher can easily start a course at their school. The workbook would be a companion to the instructional DVD, and be divided into chapters with vocabulary, activities, and chapter review quizzes. The workbook could be made available as both an e-book AND a paper workbook that students could keep, write notes in, and review for future reference. It would also be great as a companion guide to individuals who want to build their own electric car who already have the instructional video.

I know quite a few teachers and other people in education, who could help me to make sure the material meets all the specific needs of academic institutions.

At this point, I think that perhaps a KICKSTARTER campaign for the project might work well. I’d want to raise a relatively modest amount of money, maybe $500, to pay for creating a transcription of the video, work to put together the book, and a first round of printing. Any money raised above the goal could go towards donating Electric Car Class materials to schools and colleges. I could have copies of my instructional DVDs as premiums for those who donate to the Kickstarter campaign.

What are your thoughts? Do you have some other ideas about the best way to start getting not just a few, but hundreds of people at a time learning about clean transportation? Please let me know! If you already want to help contribute to making this happen, you can do so by clicking DONATE!

Thanks for your help,

-Ben

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos

Last edited by bennelson; 03-11-2013 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: links
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Ryland (03-11-2013)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags