Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Is this Android Auto or CarPlay?
There was a huge hint in there (GOOGLE). I actually use both. My work phone is an iPhone while my personal phone is a Google Pixel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I think the call versus text thing is mostly an age issue, but whether we act old or young isn't necessarily related to how old we are.
Yes, it is a generational thing. I'm 44. My younger co-workers text and IM instead of calling and email. They find it rude to call someone without a text or IM first to see if they are free. Just walking over to their desk .... Received the same as a salesman showing up on their front porch. Most haven't even set up a voicemail message because why would anyone leave a voicemail instead of just sending an IM or quick text?

I tend to side with the kids and prefer texts to calls and find voicemails annoying and useless. I do have a voicemail - that says NOT to leave a message and a text is the best way to reach me.

What I can't relate to is the social awkwardness talking with someone face to face. I grew up before cell phones. If I wanted to see my friends I had to meet them in person. If I wanted to ask a girl out I had to do it face to face. Going out with friends to meet people was a thing. Today it seems younger generations want to do all of that initial contact online instead of face to face.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
New phone uses it's sensors to know it is moving and blocks all calls and texts while moving above some speed of it's choosing. It has a switch to turn that on or off and a polite message saying I will return the call/message when I stop. It's turned on.

Don't need or want a laptop sized screen in my car. Wife handles navigation/calls/gps. I know where I'm going otherwise.

Google has a 5-10 minute error on traffic here in Reno, stuff can be free flowing and depicted in red, green and be a parking lot