Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Just throwing this out there, but what about Mom downsizing? Seems people should live in places that are manageable to them. The extra money from downsizing may come in handy for her, or if money isn't the issue, then she should be able to hire someone to maintain the property.

Easier said than done I'm sure. My grandparent(s) can't manage anything, yet would rather live in squalor than change anything at all about their living situation, including their routines. My grandfather died last year, and now my grandmother has 2 Chevy pickups (S-10 and new Colorado), plus a Cadillac and a Buick, all of which she is incapable of driving. She doesn't need the money and would probably be violently opposed to the idea of selling anything.

I've initiated the process of getting rid of the junk on my parents property because I don't want to deal with it all when they are unable to. My dad is a mild hoarder (he might be able to use that someday). I'm prone to hoarding things of potential use and especially of sentimental value.
My parents did this a few years ago. 2800sf house plus 8 acres purchased cash via their profit on a Silicon Valley house turned into renting the other side of my mother in law's duplex.

Gone is the big pickup, Airstream trailer, tractor. Once I married and had a family it was untenable for my Pa to maintain the property.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
The town of Weston is harassing my 71 year old mother who has cancer and is crippled up with pain, over my deceased fathers cars.

See if I can get some local folks pissed again to lean on them.
https://wausau.craigslist.org/rnr/d/...680210395.html

They all have plates, inflated tires and are on gravel.
Some are weekend cars but nothing that would be easily sold in this area.

As usual it started when they saw me at her home doing some yard work for her I did not realize it was a board member at my neighbors party and she started pretending to be interested in one of my fathers micro cars then started ridiculing me that I need to sell it, even though the titles not in my name and such a car can only be sold far south as there is zero interest here in truck land.

I was too dumbfounded to make it clear I don’t live here and I don’t own the cars as I didn’t realize this was an a hole from the town.

My mother then got a letter the next day stating Bruce May... (who is deceased) that said red car didn’t have plates(which is false), was parked on grass (it’s not) stated she had weeds in the gravel (who cares), weeds in her blacktop, and per aerial photos she had weeds growing and she has 7 days to get rid of the cars and only park on blacktop and only keep all cars in the garage (of which she has no room and has never kept cars in there)

In the past when my father was alive they were harassing my folks and stated they would remove, crush and fine
my father said that’s fine but your gonna get a broken nose and knocked on your ass. He was then told he would go to jail and he said the $50 fine and 30 days would be worth it.

After that they got a few years free of harassment .

Just curious they have always parked outside in the gravel, the cars have plates and drones documenting weeds on the side of the garage seems like it should be illegal. The state of the property has been the same since the early 70’s before there were any laws on any of these matters.

I likely will be unable to sell the cars in under 7 days working 60 hours a week in a different area for more than $50, local junkyard says they will take them but can’t pay anything.

My past experience selling cars
When I tried to sell my 2010 Cobalt and 2001 Dodge crew on Craigslist, I started at blue book and over the months worked my way down and finally stopped at $500 with no takers, out of curiosity I asked the junkyard and they offered $500 each.

I ended up keeping them because of this,
my mom apparently doesn’t have this option which seems pathetic
In Lubbock,Texas,they send a contractor out to mow the yard,then slap a lien on the property.Very Christian of them!
Old 09-06-2018, 05:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
In Lubbock,Texas,they send a contractor out to mow the yard,then slap a lien on the property.Very Christian of them!
Ha! Yes, so Christian. Also seems equally Texan.

That's why my wife's desire to move to Western NY seems slightly less unattractive than it used to: a-holes, elected or not, exist everywhere.

It's funny, I grew up in California and I don't remember vindictive people...then again, my time there was up at age 20, so maybe I just didn't notice. I was a far different human then.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17
Old 09-07-2018, 03:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ecomodding Englishman

The Turdis - '05 Smart Fortwo Cabrio Passion
Doesn't the 4th Ammendment guarantee your Ma's privacy? Surely farting about with a drone breaches that? Would it not also qualify as an illegal search of her property? I'd be half inclined to shoot the chuffing thing down.

2004 Smart Fortwo 0.7 petrol.
Motorbike.
Many, many bicycles.
2019 Volvo XC90 T8 - 400BHP plug in hybrid insanity.

All journeys I do under 10 miles are human powered - I make journeys, not excuses..
2019 mileage - 1900 by car, 7100 by bicycle.
Reply  Post New Thread