Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

My other ride (Show Car)

Well I was debating putting up this link as my baby is not to everyones liking. Then I remembered I built the car for me and me alone.

The car is a 2002 Pt Cruiser witha full Xenon body kit molded on the front and side skirts painted in chrylser black. The side skirts had a tendency to pull off so custom brackets were made and the skirts were bolted to the frame rails. The fog lights have custom 1 off staind glass covers. The first page shows my old rims that I use for every day driving. I now roll on 19" TSW Thruxtons which weigh just under 20lbs a rim rolling on Fusion ZRi street race tires supper soft and grip like mad. There are blacked out head lights as well. On the back you will find aftermarket tail lights, the wing while apearing to be stock is actually after market and was only produced for 3months then discontinued due to lace of sales.

The front hood was only made for 1 year in 2000. While the vents were never ment to be functional I decided to dremel the backs out and make them work to help cool the engin. I also have made 1 off eyelids. Add the chrome grill and skide skirts as well as my back up lights which are fog lights designed for a Civic. The car sits on Progress Lowering springs that I'm hoping to swap out for some more agressive ones this year. Under the hood you will find a custom 1 off twin air intake which I had custom made at Hydroform Solutions (OEM Automotive company) Nology wires mean for the GT modle, Iridum spark plugs, Ractive throttle body, with a full Flowmaster V-series exhaust. The pipeing is 2.5" and the muffler is ment for the V6 Camaro 1 inlet 2 outlets so I do not loose back pressure and it is relativly quiet. Unless I punch the gas.

On the inside I have 2 racing seats back when I bought them there was no brackets made for the PT so I built my own to mate the seat to my fatory seat supports. The center consul, passenger airbag, and gage cluster for the driver have all been professionaly painted. A Pinonear 200w deck sints in the consule. I have a tripple gague cluster compleat with Volts, Airfule, and soon to be instaled this year will be a boost gage as I'm almost done getting parts to turbo the car.

In the back there are no rear seats instead a in car entertainment system consisteing of a scaled down Victorian Casket. The real plans were used in constructing it so it is a bit creepy. In the front of the casket is a DVD player, the inside houses 2 12" Infinity Kapa Soldid sub rated at 1240w a piece with 2 Infinity 6.5" mids and a 6" TV screen. On the top of the casket is a hand made staind glass window that my dad built for me all I had to do was pay for the materials lets just say fiber glass is a heck of allot cheeper and easier to work with.

In the trunk are 2 more 12" infinity subs in a custom Tomb stone with two skuls that light up and red strobes. The doors have infiity mids, the rear pillars are the same as are the kick panels I picked up. There are lights in the casket, under the hood and a full LED light kit under the car that burns no power

Other than the body kit and exhaust I have built everything at home and I do not have a garage . I take the car out to the tunner shows and go head to with 300C's Neons, Chargers, ect. I have won at Performance World (first show) and have had it out at Importfest where I am not affraid to go against the top guys win or loose I am out to have fun even if it cost me close to $500 after all charges are said and done just to enter my car.

Here is the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/210157...ler-pt-cruiser

And again she was built for me and the theme while it suites me is partial because my friends said I bout a hearse so I turned negative comments into a positive that gets under their skin every time they see my car

Nevyn (04-04-2011)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
I'd love to see you aeromod a car ! Should look good

Old 04-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Always impressed by the skill level it takes to put something like that together!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
imported Appalachian

Yoda - '97 Toyota Corolla Base
90 day: 30.51 mpg (US)

She-Ra - '03 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 22.91 mpg (US)

Thor - '04 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 18.26 mpg (US)
It may not be something I would want, but I can totally respect how much time and effort you put into making a show car. Very well done.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
I'd love to see you aeromod a car ! Should look good

One project at a time this one is still in the works lol. I have been thinking of what to do once this one is done and I am never going to sell her.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Crimson Crawler - '04 Hyundai Elantra GLS
90 day: 36.71 mpg (US)
I'm not a big fan of 'hardcore' audio systems, so I'll say that right off. Size and quantity of speakers doesn't impress me, nor does being loud.

What you've done is create a themed vehicle - and one that is wicked sick awesome. The way you worked it all together DOES impress me, and it impresses me a lot.

Congrats on the awesome car, and I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of it!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the comments but she is far from a hardcore sound beast 4 subs these days is considered small. I only have 2000w worth of amprage but then again the places I compeat against have fare more.

Thanks for the theme comment all my friends begg me to rip the Death theme out of the car and go strait tunner. As having a Ace of Spades and 8's in the car creeps them out My kick is freeking people out.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Crimson Crawler - '04 Hyundai Elantra GLS
90 day: 36.71 mpg (US)
Nah. It's your car and your thing. Crank it up ( a little ) and play something creepy.

Like these:

Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

How about these tunes more suited for my car and my personality:

(my original music I played when at the shows.
and of course my current theme with all the mids I have in the car the I can actuly hear the lyrics to the music.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
I'd say the theme is done to death

Reply  Post New Thread