Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #41 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Planning previously, turbocharging an engine is not so hard as it might appear. But it's better to do it right and do everything (including the installation of an intercooler) once instead of being always fixing some incorrect setup or working around to make room for some part that wasn't originally intended to be used.
Agreed, but will be using water injection at least just at first with low boost levels.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #42 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
An alternator delete is something I could only consider if I were running an old-school Diesel, a full-mechanical speedometer and LEDs all-around, altough I'd still rather get an underdrive pulley for the alternator. Also, the weight of a bank of batteries doesn't seem so good to deal with...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

That will thought about a little later, first I need to do a plugs/wires change and fix the vacuum leak/pre-igntion issue. This is my first ford, any ford guys here with recommendations for igntion parts? If not I'll go OE motorcraft. I am having a preignition problem with regular gas and I am reading that it could be caused by the the IMRC system which is broken on the rear bank just like this one:
The shaft seals for the IMRC are leaking vacuum as well which could be adding to the problem. MAF's are known to go bad and also I have read that the front valve cover allows too much oil into the pcv system causing carbon deposits, which makes sense because it went away for a few weeks after I did a water steam clean like this Internal Steam Clean

I also read that if the IMRC gets stuck in a certain position it can cause poor mileage, anyone know how this system affects fuel mileage?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Workstar - '01 Ford Windstar SEL
90 day: 20.12 mpg (US)

2003 Expedition - '03 Ford Expedition
90 day: 14.96 mpg (US)
There is a tsb on this engine for the intake bolts..that is probably your vacuum leak.

Reply  Post New Thread