Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

n/a - '05 Ford Focus ZX3
UG short-trip data disappearance

As has been noted a number of times on the forum, the data Ultra-Gauge shows for short trips is not held in static memory and vaporizes when the engine is switched off. I wrote to UG yesterday and got a prompt reply that (1) there have been few requests to put this data in static memory in future models, and (2) that there is a setting that may help.

Concerning #1 ("The short trip issue is known, but as there has not been any demand for a change...we have just left it as is"), if the volatile memory is an issue for you, here is the address where you can request use of static memory for short-trip data in future models (but try the fix below first):
ultra-gauge dot com slash customer_support. Click "submit a ticket." You will need to have your order number handy. (Sorry I don't have enough posts to include a real URL.)

Concerning #2, here is setting that UG support said may help (and which I will try later - not home now): "One partial "fix", would be to set the 'Power-off Retries' to its max value. This will cause the gauge to freeze, after ignition off, for a time hopefully long enough to examine the short trip gauges. Alternatively you can examine the trip gauges before switching off the ignition." (What I will checking is whether max power-off-retries is long enough.)

Anyway, if the aspect of UG doesn't work the way you think it should, please let the support staff know.

In thinking about some of what I wrote above, maybe I don't have it quite right. Maybe it isn't a matter of static vs. volatile memory, because even with the ignition off the UG has power. So, it must be that the short trip data is intentionally deleted. Also, what I want is to be able to continue the short trip record after turning off the engine and restarting, not merely give the screen a quick inspection after I turn off the motor. As far as not switching off until I am done reading -- wastes gas.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I'm in touch with that. I'd rather have "Trip A" and "Trip B" that I could reset according to preference. Leaving "Short Trip" still available as it currently exists could be nice, but nowhere near as nice as having full control over two trip settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Reply  Post New Thread