Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
I'm fully aware it takes a good deal of time and even more money to produce a car from scratch.
Anyway, 30K for a book on Kickstarter ain't gonna cut it.

Money and time are 2 very good reasons to stick with a design and built it, rather than go for v2.

The original design will already be an evolutionary design, while it's being worked up to the concept you want to show to the press and public.
But you need to finalise the product, and then BUILD it essentially as the concept you came up with .
Surely, there will be some minor design and cosmetic detail changes while it heads for actual production, but nothing like a v2 of the concept.

If your design keeps evolving, keeps getting better, that's fine, but you'll never build it ... before running out of money.
While you're messing around and not building what you came up with, others will match, then better your design claims.

Loremo and Aptera have gone down the drain that way, I hope to be proven wrong, but my gut feeling is Edison2 and Urbee are heading the same way.

I've been on the Loremo waiting list for a decade now ...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
R. B. "Bucky" Fuller claimed it's the third prototype that's ready for production. People were ready to go ahead with his Dymaxion house, but he insisted on a 3rd prototype and everyone walked away.

And if they can perfect the rear wheel steering that would vindicate his Omni-directional Transport.

By and large, I rather have an Edison2 VLC. But if they never ship a car, they still could sell the in-wheel suspension as an aftermarket part.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
3d printing, experimental, fundraiser, kor, urbee