Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I've have/had 2 FFV the both loose/lost roughly 20% mpg so when the price is right I run it. Filled up Friday, $2.65 E10, $1.89 E85. Check out the Impala fuel log, it really just comes down to math/price swings. We have plenty of E0 here but at $0.30 (roughly 10%) more per gallon but the mpg loss is closser to 3% it makes no sense.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-29-2015, 02:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
09 Toyo Yaris HB (Huevos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrefighterjay View Post
Hello everyone I am the owner of a 2007 Toyota Yaris and would like to run E 85. I'm told that this car can run on E 85 with either the conversion kit which cost $300 or by simply plugging a laptop into the diagnostics panel and switching a setting so that the timing is changed what do you all know about this? I would like to change the settings via computer rather than spend 300 on the kit.
The 1NZ-FE engine gas few fiber gaskets but there are a couple. First one that comes to mind is the thermostat housing, and the oil pick-up tube. I would also check to find out whether "Three Bond" which is the primary sealant for the Timing cover and upper oil pan, and possibly lower oil pan is susceptible to ethanol.
Fuel injector seals should be silicon so they should be fine.

Based on the price of $300 you may want to contact Jet performance for an ECU upgrade. I got mine, which is not for an E85 project for $235 from Ebay, even less on Amazon lately. Jet performance Part #65002, but contact Jet first to confirm they can Program for E85.

Good luck.

Reply  Post New Thread