EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   DIY / How-to (https://ecomodder.com/forum/diy-how.html)
-   -   Using vapors from gas already going to carb? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/using-vapors-gas-already-going-carb-14307.html)

sc2dave 08-23-2010 12:30 AM

Using vapors from gas already going to carb?

What i want to do is route gas to a container and draw fumes out of there and also use that gas to go to the carb after.It would use 2 small fuel pumps,one to pump to the container and from there,another one to pump from the container to the carb.Would this way cut down on the quality of the gas at the carb? This will be for an 86 Toyota engine.

Frank Lee 08-23-2010 12:43 AM

I'd say, have a beer and do something else.

Bicycle Bob 08-25-2010 12:31 AM

I'm not sure, but it sounds as if you are trying to re-invent the carburetor, using the original, rejected design. EFI is darn near perfect as it is.

sc2dave 08-26-2010 09:21 PM

the original design was made to draw vapors and use the gas that the vapors came out of? never heard of it.Do you have a link to this?

Bicycle Bob 08-26-2010 10:38 PM

No link handy, but early histories tell of carburetors made like humidifiers, with air being drawn through a chamber with fabric panels wicking up gasoline from a pool in the bottom.

wagonman76 09-08-2010 11:11 PM

Sounds like something I read about before. google Tom Ogle.

villain.ind 11-12-2011 01:26 PM

along the tom ogle thing, watch the documentary "gashole". it does a great job of explaining the tom ogle mystery (conspiracy).

i am an energy engineer and i am hell bent on developing a way to extend the range of CURRENT petrol engine technology. most of my testing is done on my 96 vw cabrio. propane conversion will be dont this spring, however, as i already have all the parts minus the tank, i am thinking about using the vapor carb to develop my own gasoline vapor draw system. a supercharger will be used to pump the vapor/air mix into the engine. fuel lines to rail will be blocked via servo/regulator assembly to avoid damage to the fuel pump and will possibly utilize the a/c system to vaporize and cool the vapor to avoid combustion outside of the cylinders. wanna use my ideas? go for it, some of them arent my ideas, im just building on some concepts ive heard about along with developing my own. this could be a great step if we can all make it work. shell oil company cant kill us all ;)

Frank Lee 11-12-2011 01:50 PM

You're a what?

villain.ind 11-12-2011 02:15 PM

energy engineer, i was a different kind of engineer before i went back to school (combat demolitions, then consrtuction) but now i study energy efficiency. engineers in my field study wind turbines, solar panels, hydrogen as a fuel, etc. im currently trying to make my hour drive to school a bit less fuel consuming.

euromodder 11-12-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villain.ind (Post 270017)
i am an energy engineer and i am hell bent on developing a way to extend the range of CURRENT petrol engine technology.

propane conversion will be dont this spring

Propane conversions are nothing new, and still depend on oil wells for their distilled fuel.

Quote:

however, as i already have all the parts minus the tank, i am thinking about using the vapor carb to develop my own gasoline vapor draw system.
That's old tech.

Quote:

a supercharger will be used to pump the vapor/air mix into the engine.
Almost all improvements in fuel efficiency have been based on separating air and fuel for as long as possible - currently using direct fuel injection.

Quote:

will possibly utilize the a/c system to vaporize and cool the vapor to avoid combustion outside of the cylinders.
Another energy loss.

Cooling the vapor will result in fuel condensing again.

I'd say look elsewhere for improvements.
It's got to be good enough to substantially beat the now onrushing direct injection ... 70 years after WW2.