Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Future EV Owner

Wannabe - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrio. View Post
You use the foam spray for fill the back bumper, I am interesting at your experience
Hi Farbio,

Well I tried to test the back bumper this morning. I filled the bumper with cardboard and "secured" it with tape. The problem is that I could not get the tape to hold to the underside of the car, so the cardboard kept falling off. I'm going to fill the bumper (and more) with foam tonight, unless something goes wrong. I will put the information concerning the modification on my car's EMGarage info, but I will not be able to test its "before and after" efficiency.

After looking under the car this morning, I realized how many openings there are that can be covered and smoothed over. Honda made great improvments on the smoothness of the underbody of this model of Civic compared to previous models, but I think this should help at least as much as the grill block. At least I'm hoping........

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
EP3
EcoModding Lurker

02WhiteEp3 - '02 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 28.35 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to EP3
Well I tried to test the back bumper this morning. I filled the bumper with cardboard and "secured" it with tape. The problem is that I could not get the tape to hold to the underside of the car, so the cardboard kept falling off. I'm going to fill the bumper (and more) with foam tonight, unless something goes wrong. I will put the information concerning the modification on my car's EMGarage info, but I will not be able to test its "before and after" efficiency.

After looking under the car this morning, I realized how many openings there are that can be covered and smoothed over. Honda made great improvments on the smoothness of the underbody of this model of Civic compared to previous models, but I think this should help at least as much as the grill block. At least I'm hoping........[/QUOTE]

Hey post some pics! of all espescially the back. Pleeasse
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Silver Prius - '08 Toyota Prius
90 day: 46.37 mpg (US)
Great numbers any pictures of the grill?

Reply  Post New Thread