Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Evil Genius

LPG FTW - '96 VW Cabrio

The Green Bimmer - '95 BMW 525i

The White Bimmer - '94 BMW 530i
Talking Villain Industries

Its kind of a pseudonym for what i do and how i think. My fiance calls me cheap but i say if i can save money doing it (and it has REAL class/style) then why not?

My name is Ben Minnella. I currently live in Angola, Indiana.

My current projects include a 95 BMW 525i that will receive a built diesel engine (most likely an i6) and a 96 VW Cabrio that is currently undergoing a bi-fuel propane conversion with various aero mods.

The VW currently is bone stock minus mudflap delete and grill blocks. This vehicle is part of an engineering project for my degree at Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN. I have been spending the last month or so collecting parts and documenting fuel economy and characteristics of the vehicle. The last thing i need to do is buy hardline to plumb the propane system into the car and engine.

I am a second year engineering student at Indiana Tech and my degree field is Energy Engineering, i haven't decided a minor yet. I was also an engineer in the Army. First a combat engineer (demolitions) then a construction engineer. I received an honorable discharge and decided to continue my education in the pursuit of my interests and the thought that the EPA, oil companies, and the big 3 motor companies are deliberately stifling the advance of fuel economy in ICE's.

That's where Villain Industries comes in. This is my whole-hearted attempt to stick it to the man. This currently includes anything that will help the environment, the advancement of technology in my field, and most importantly, my wallet.

So hello to all and i will try to document most of my progress here on the forums.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like some interesting projects you have there.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

No nickname - '17 Chevrolet BoltEV Premiere
My wife wasn't thrilled when I made a concious decision to try and economize on everything, all at once.

We started with the house, driving the utility expenses down {try ecorenovator.org sometime when you decide to save money at home too} and when she saw less of our income going to the power company, she jumped into the effort.

When I slowed down, literally, in my driving and started saving her nerves from my earlier boy racer mentality and money from fuel economy improvements, she started saying of my lower speeds, "It's faster than I can walk, so take all the time you want." I love that girl!

Tags
ben minnella, villain industries