Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

VTE-E never ending story...

I hope it isn't bad netiquette but I've posted this thread at GasSavers.org as well. It's been 2 years and the engine light is still coming on, I REALLY want to fix it.
Today when I was looking for info I found one of my distressed posts from more than a year ago!
The story is I put a JDM VTEC-E motor in my CX, then I put in the P07 ECU, EGR valve, VX exhaust manifold, 5 wire 02 sensor, then "Altec" (a knowledgeable Honda shop in Toronto), wired everything up, but still after about 30 seconds the engine light would come on, code 48 was the code that came up. He got frustrated and gave up, so I've been driving it with the engine light coming on for almost 2 years now, and my gas mileage is worse than with the original CX motor. A month ago I got the firewall black plastic box off Ebay with the EGR control solenoid valve and vacuum control valve, I've got the tubes put on correctly except that I can't find the spot on the intake to put the tube coming from the vacuum control valve, (wrong intake?), don't know what to do about that. The orange/blue wire coming from the solenoid I've put in the last spot on the P07 ECU plugs, (D22), with a green and white stock wire and another that was put in by "Altec". The black/yellow wire is put on the 15 amp ACG fuse. Can anyone tell me what is still wrong?, causing the engine light to come on? I did disconect the battery every time to clear it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Is the intake manifold the original manifold or is it a non egr intake manifold? What you can do is tap another vacuum line and it should work. Code 48 .................(googling)........the mechanic MAY have wired it up properly but there are some wires that need to be shielded and grounded. There are 5 wires total and those wires need to pinned in correctly.

Reply  Post New Thread