Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

VX- Stock exhaust or...?

It looks like I will be picking up my first Civic VX today. It needs a little bit of work, but I am an auto shop teacher and I am equipped for the task. My main question is, as far as ecomodding goes, what works best for the exhaust? The person before my had modified the exhaust (that's the only thing) and then sold the exhaust before I could buy it. So I have no exhaust. I happen to have a pipe bender and a large assortment of exhaust pipe sizes, so I could really make anything I want.

Should I try to just replicate the stock system? Should I make something more free flowing? I thought I new cars until I read about how to make a warm air intake for the VX and I decided to throw all assumptions out the window when building my hypermiling car.. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
There are a few exhaust sizing calculators out there that you can find online, although I just noticed that my favorite one is no longer online.
ideal size for the Civic VX is around 1.25" inside for 2,000RPM stock size is around 1.5" of course it gets smaller the further it gets from the engine.

Reply  Post New Thread