Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I wonder if there'll be a single injector replacement for my throttle body injection 3-banger!
The injector in my Metro reminded me of a controlled leak...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

none - '98 Honda Civic HX

none - '00 Chevy (Geo) Metro base

none - '00 Saturn SL1 base
Everyone knows if it really works the big auto companies would have already do it. After all everything that is any good has already been invented. Might as well close down the patent office. (wink, wink)
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Actually, most of them rely on third party suppliers to develop and produce these new high pressure injectors. Far as I know, though, only Nissan is looking at next generation traditional port injection with their dual injector direct-indirect set-up.

The field is small enough, I suppose, that one could break into it with a new product that delivered results without much additional cost, but

But two things ring alarm bells. The claim that "nobody else is doing it", because other companies and OEMs do perform research on nozzle tip geometry... and the claim of 60% efficiency being possible (but then again, he seems to be speaking of what is coming way down the road).

Will have to wait and see what advantages this confers when more is revealed. Direct injection may be the near future, but if there's a way to do away with the expensive high pressure fuel system, all the better.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

beastie - '89 toyota hilux dolphin motorhome

Puggie - '98 Peugeot 406 Lx
Hi
nearest i hsve seen to different petrol furl injectors are from a company called flamethower. he sent 5 sets out free to yotatech members who have tried them. mixed reasults due to some of them asking for a larger injector. toyota engines they where tried on actually run slightly rich from factory. mach injectors to engine needs and they work really well. lower fuel consumpsion and a small lift in power. like all fuel mods need to be carefully matched and set up. rammingextra fuel into engine dose not increase power especially on slight rich engines. i have altered the spring tension on my vafm one click lean as spark plugs where black. now in process of seeing how much extra mpg it gives me so far looks to be postive good colour on plugs no loss of detectable power. engine temp still normal.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
“You can hold your hand over our injector and not get hurt, because the spray breaks up within a few millimeters after it leaves the injector,” Mulye says. He discovered that from developing his pharmaceutical injectors employed in nebulizers, a device used to deliver medication in the form of mist that can be inhaled.

Mulye has filed for patent protection and is keeping mum about precisely how the injector works until the patent process is completed.

Finding the patent for their pharmaceutical injectors would probably tell us a lot.

>

Reply  Post New Thread