Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Saving@Home
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

saving on computer NRG

untested by me but thrown in for discussion:

snip (unknown internet source)

... a neat utility called RM Clock can be used to undervolt the processor (Intel ior AMD). If you are a geek, it should be clear to you that this reduces power consumption and hence minimizes heating; if you are not a geek, or at least a semi-geek, don't try it - the utility has no user manual and you have to use some common sense and browse through their forum to get an idea how to set it up and running... A search in google using the "RM Clock" search string should bring it up.

BTW, this utility might be also of use for Intel/AMD based notebooks including CoreDuo. I personally use it on my Pentium M and I am pretty satisfied with the power savings it provides

un-snip

cheers
al

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Green Rodder

Grease Beast - '92 Dodge D250 Standard

Econo-Beater DX - '92 Toyota Corolla DX
Many performance motherboards offer voltage adjustments. I never checked to see if they could be lowered since I always needed as much voltage as they could throw at me.

Reply  Post New Thread