Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Chipping a P07?

Okay, nobody really does this. But I can't help but notice that there is actually a space for a chip just like in other OBDI Honda ECUs. So this just got me to thinking. What if you could run a B16A, GSR, ITR, or other program in this ECU, defeat the EGR, and use it to run a B-series VTEC motor? I would think that the improved fuel control provided by the five wire oxygen sensor could improve fuel economy without sacrificing power. The lean burn mode could even be helpful on lower compression B-series motors (ie B17A and B18C1). But even for high compression motors, a 1992 California P07 (which has the five wire sensor but NO lean burn) could be used. But would it be possible or worthwhile?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
The big problem with the P07 is the different programming that it uses. It actually uses two processors and a 16bit coding rather than the typical 8Bit that Honda uses. One of the controllers is for running the O2 Heater and then the other is for the operation of the motor. The only sucessful "chips" of the P07 have been on the Califonia 4 wire model on pgmfi.org. That particulare ECU is the same as a P28 ECU, but with an EGR code in it.

Not enough demand yet for anyone to break out the coding of the P07 A00/A01 ECU.

Reply  Post New Thread