Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2022, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Honda jazz 1.3 Hybrid - '11 Honda Jazz hybrid Exclusive
90 day: 51.26 mpg (US)
What are some simple mods for honda fit 1.3 hybrid?

Hello, i’m new here. But have been looking to some nice projects on here. Astonished by what some achief in mpg!!

I recently bought a 2011 honda jazz (fit) 1.3 hybrid. (Netherlands europe, its called a jazz over here instead of fit).)
I want to do some small mods to get a better mpg.
But don’t know what the best easy mods are for this car.

It sits on winter tyres. Already orderd new summer tyres in the original size 175/65/15 with lowest rolling resistance i could get over here.
I’m now riding on 40psi because thats what the sidewall says is max on the winter tyres. Getting an average of 51mpg ont the lie o meter.

For the summer tyre sidewall it says 50psi max. Do or leave it on like 40/45psi?

Also it came with 5W40 oil (the dealer always used this don’t know why?).
I already ordered mobil 1 0w20 ESP x2.

They changed out the original hybrid grill for a nicer black more open one. I added some rubber material behind it so it is blocked just like the original grill. But i think the aerodynamica of the original will be better because it sits more flush?? Better to change out?

Also as a test i put black duct tape on the lower grille to get the temp of engine up a bit quicker and maybe a little better aero? I left 3 of the little grills open and temps of coolant and intake are still great on long trips. It seems like it is warming up the engine little bit quicker.

AC off and not blowing on windows unless neaded. And using cruise as much as possible. Offcourse its in ECO mode.

Will lowering it with eibach pro kit help?
I also saw some volkswagen E-UP rims they are almost completly closed and think i will gain little extra with that?
Airdam? Or aero spoiler that i can buy? If that helps for mpg..

I can’t stick all kinds of things on the body because of rules/tickets.
All tips are welcome

Thanx in advance

Last edited by FcBeunHaas; 03-12-2022 at 10:25 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread