EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   What's your longest eoc? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/whats-your-longest-eoc-25782.html)

jlspr 05-08-2013 10:18 PM

What's your longest eoc?

I'm new to eoc but I've been reading around about it for a while. Just wondering what everyone's farthest eoc has been and from what mph down to what mph? I went 1.2 miles today and I started at 45 mph with a couple of slight inclines then a corner that dropped a little bit then a straight away. I was at 25 mph when I had to stop for a red light. I know its nothing much but I'm just getting started. No mods at all.

LeZX2 05-08-2013 10:29 PM

I dont know the distance, but on friday i got an eoc of about 3 mins coming into the valley starting at 65 mph, maxing at 75 mph, and ending at ~50 mph.
It was satisfying:D

Cobb 05-08-2013 10:38 PM

Is an EOC like a FAS? :turtle:

jlspr 05-08-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobb (Post 370314)
Is an EOC like a FAS? :turtle:

Yes its the same I believe. FAS on cleanmpg and EOC on ecomodder.

AntiochOG 05-09-2013 01:21 AM

I did 12 miles once coming down a mountain pass. Had to use lots of ebrake to keep my speed reasonable. That turned out to be my best tank ever.

Flakbadger 05-09-2013 04:19 AM

There's this really awesome down-slope on I-5, on my way to my girlfriend's house (until we both move next month and I don't have to drive to see her :P ).
If you turn off the engine on the crest at 55, you can coast it through ~68ish, slowing to ~47, and continuing down the remainder at 51-52, for a grand total of 1.8 miles with the engine off.

It's really REALLY hard to do this with other traffic, lots of lane switching to pass people on the fast parts, and getting back over for the slow ones. It's also a bit nerve-wracking to break the speed limit by close to 15. Generally speaking, I end up bump-starting a couple times to keep closer to 55MPH on the low end and keeping in gear to slow me on the fast parts...
But yesterday I did the whole shebang. Took my trip from 43 to 52.

Sean.Heihn 05-09-2013 05:44 AM

God, you said I-5 and I thought of I-5 down near Camp Pendleton in Cali, back when I was stationed on base, and just shuddered thinking of coasting with the engine off there. Then I noticed you were in Oregon.

songman 05-09-2013 09:13 AM

2.5 miles on the M25 between junctions 8 and 7, approaching Gatwick Airport.

elhigh 05-09-2013 09:38 AM

Once in a while, pretty long:

There's a bit heading south on I-75 in Tennessee, as you're approaching Caryville / Jacksboro, where you can turn the engine off and go for about 2.5 - 3 miles. If your aero is right and you're not dragging any brakes, you can pick up quite a bit of speed. My truck with no aero mods will slowly climb up to about 70mph and hold there.

I don't make that run very often, though. I'm usually lucky to get more than a quarter-mile of silent gliding, but there's a run heading northbound on I-75 where I can usually come close to a full mile.

AntiochOG 05-09-2013 10:13 AM

Just did 3 miles of EOC last night on a long downhill freeway stretch. Had another that was around 2.