Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 47.95 mpg (US)
I wish, lol. So far I've gotten it to 12.72 @ 107 mph. The cam is pretty mild, and the heads are too big for the relatively small cubic inches, but it is just a fun street car so it certainly does the job! I wish it was a standard, but I'm a student and budget is tight (hence the mistmatched cam/heads etc, all of the parts I got used.)

Trial and error is one of the best ways to learn, and as you said now you know where to vent, so as long as you keep moving forward instead of back you're

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Nice, a 12 is still good, and for today with all these 15 16.. ive even seen a 20 second ricer. I feel you with the tight budget! but yeah now I just got to get the nerve up to drill or cut a small hole in the fender.. but yeah at least im moving forward. ill post pics If I decide to do it. I got a long interstate drive coming up soon... so it might be done...

Mods. 2 inch exhaust with glass pack. some throttle body mods. cut up intake box.

Aero mods. Front air dam. wing delete.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
I could possibly fab up some vents, or see what I could find at a hardware store. most of the ones made for cars are cheap crappy stick ons.
Have a look in a marine supply place.
Most have a good range in quality materials and are used to selling in single or pairs to boat users.

Keep in mind as well these days most car panels are structural so if you want to cut holes and vents in them makes sure you are not weakening the body.

Good luck with it all.

Peter.

Reply  Post New Thread