Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
glaciers

PBS Television is always plugging their online services for NOVA,NOVA Science,special programs,etc.,which can be viewed online in their entirety along with additional features.The people featured and their organizations may be Googled and contacted for most current data.------The other week,a team was flying over 100 glaciers in Alaska doing radar geometric surveys over glaciers studied by the US Navy in the 1940s,flying the exact same course,using the Navy's flight plan data to correlate ice pack changes.Right now,the Barrow Sea is devoid of sea ice.This has never happened.-------- I see very little TV anymore so I know I miss a great deal.I would think that NOAA,Wood's Hole,Scripp's,Cousteau,would have active monitoring.------- Good luck with your contemporaries.It's difficult to explore issues with people who know everything already and are content to rest within their limited universe.They better hope they don't live to regret living with other people's thoughts and none of their own.Higher cognation separates us from the apes,your co-workers may want to demonstrate their divinely created thinking abilities so no one mistakes them for a product of evolution.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread