Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

update:

I'm a couple of basic mods in and more than happy with my results so far. air dam=3 mpg increase(alot of variables though-increase in temp+ introduction of fuel injector cleaner lc fp plus) from 40-42 average mpg. injector cleaner btw, more than happy with. less cranking and i still swear by a smoother idle. it is possible that i'm just hoping that it is smoother in comparison, either way less cranking is better on the electrical and starter.

air dam + 80% grille block = 47.8 mpg average over 2 tanks with no regard to speed. i got caught several times leaving late for work and driving 75mph on a 20 mile commute. I assume mpg would have been better doing 60-65.

New weather stripping on the hood and side skirts extending to a clearance of 3 inches are next followed/accompanied by rear wheel skirts. My goal is 50 mpg!

i cant stop bragging to my buddies that my 214,000 mile 94 civic is still running, and better than new w/ engine compression still at the stock 180 psi range. i'm going on my 3rd timing belt this week! w/ that out of the way, I know its just a matter of time before i have engine/transmission issues. as clark howard preaches: drive it until the wheels fall off.

My front struts only are however starting to go. If i were to replace them with a lowered set would i be able to see any return in mpg? It would be an aggressive angle and i'm curious how handling would be affected if the rear is left untouched to save money. stock struts/springs are the default fix no return is expected.

Last edited by laack; 04-04-2010 at 12:53 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

laack, those are good # for air dam and grill block,
I agree, keep up with the major maint and keep her driving, I have an 00 accord v6 with 200k that we just did the major service, the car drives like new

tranny is the only weak spot, take care of it and you will be golden,

with the tires being at max, you will have a horrid ride with old springs and shocks, just get a progressive lowering spring and some econ shocks, while at it, get a new PU link kit and do that too.

Q: how did ya attach the air dam?

Reply  Post New Thread