Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Frugal Ecomodder

Focus - '02 Ford Focus ZTS
Team Ford
90 day: 30.63 mpg (US)
Sorry I haven't been able to reply to this thread until now...I've been busy all week.

Thanks for all of your replies, all of them are excellent points to be considered. After taking a little time to think about it, I think the biggest thing to remember about fill-up frequency (as with most other hypermiling tactics) is moderation. No matter how rapidly fuel prices are rising, if you're only driving 10-20 miles each day and getting 30+ mpg it's statistically inefficient to fuel up every day (in the short-run, anyway); it all depends on your vehicle's tank capacity, fuel economy, personal preference, etc. Ironically, I learned this lesson the hard way about a day after posting this thread, and now I'm having to do additional arithmetic to avoid a statistical skew in my fuel log (a big pain in the a** to save just a few cents!).

Lesson learned: if you care about fuel economy statistics, don't top off a fuel tank if you've depleted less than a gallon from it! I guess this is my first 'rookie mistake' in ecomodding. Thanks again for your replies, I'll keep them in mind!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread