Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

FEcamp - '16 Subaru Outback Premium
90 day: 29.55 mpg (US)
Windows phone app CoPilot

So I went browsing for an app on a spare Windows Phone. Wanted to see if there was a simple app that could track my driving with GPS to see my speed, location, etc. during my normal route back and forth to work. I found CoPilot (not Copilot GPS)

Here is the blog site:CoPilot Car Manager
Facebook site:carcopilot

It has a web interface that turns the phone into a server to browse the data. This is great for data entry and looking at the GPS track on the map.

Also has a ODB connection ability. I don't have one but the videos on the blog site show some engine data. It would be interesting if you can customize the data sent to the phone.
Example from the blog site:

Just wanted to share. May be something to try. I will try it tonight on my way home to see what it records and how I can analyze with it. Let me know if you look at it. It is free for a few days (ends Jan 5th 2015).

Last edited by leanAztek; 12-31-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Just tried entering some fill ups and it doesn't handle gallons, only liters. So you end up with Liters per 100 mi. Also the web interface is just for looking at the data. Data entry is via phone but the site does open the form for you to enter a fill up.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Speed is set for Km/h. All the speeds are recorded that way. Displays on a map (Google) nice. Lots of data points. It gave me an estimate for the fuel consumed for the trip in liters. This was without a ODB connection. I did add a couple of tanks of gas to get a average of 13.22 liters per 100 mi so it may have used that.

The video it records is in 5 minutes long chunks. It then creates a new video and repeats until the trip is done. This could be great for videoing the drive and speaking notes about things for writing down later. Really fine tune the techniques like coast start points. I didn't do any speaking but could hear my blinkers when they were on.