Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
WTB: CRX HF/Civic STD knuckles in NJ

Anyone got some or know someone? I can get some from Topher but the distance would require shipping and I'd like to avoid that to keep expenses down.

Thanks!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
VEEP

CRX HF/STD knuckles

Are you looking for a set of HF knuckles, specifically? I only recently found out that the HF knuckles differed than those found on the DX/Si models due to spline count. Anyway, I just wanted to be sure you knew what you were asking for.....b/c I thought your car was a DX....originally (before your swap).

-Brian
Old 08-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Team Honda
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Yep, specifically. The Insight axles have the same spline count as the hf/std axles, so that's why I want the HF/STD knuckles.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
VEEP

CRX HF knuckles...

Well, I've got a set. What did you do - blow a wheel bearing? I've got a set (passenger's & driver's) that I've been saving for the inevitable "rainy day", but I've yet to use them. Both have new ball joints, and I think the wheel bearings were replaced in them when all of this work was done - the upper control arms & all associated bushings & hardware is also new. This is on both of the aforementioned knuckle assemblies. I left everything attached for now....one of them still has the control arm connected, so really everything is there and ready to install....but I didn't know if I really wanted to let these ones go, since they were all set up and ready to roll. Not trying to be a jackass, just thinking aloud here. I still have the current set on my daily driver HF ('89). Would you be interested in those? I suppose what I would then do is swap in the newer ones that I've had just sitting around. I'm just one of these finicky people who doesn't like to be without a backup. Let me know your thoughts on the matter....I'm in central New Jersey....Exit 11 off the Turnpike, then GSP-123 to Route 9. I'm also about 25 minutes from exit 9 (turnpike)....or about 30 minutes from exit 8 or 8A (turnpike). I'm about 35 minutes from Great Adventure...seeing as how you're southwest of me.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Team Honda
Basically, I need them so that I can use Insight axles, which seem to be have identical hub-side splines to the HF/STD axles...

How much would you want for them? I don't want to put you out, since topher can send me a set. I've just been trying to avoid shipping.

Reply  Post New Thread