EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   Yeah we all know its a scam (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/yeah-we-all-know-its-scam-18256.html)

oil pan 4 07-22-2011 07:37 PM

Yeah we all know its a scam

Is there any good proof out there that HHO systems are big on hype and none on positive results?
Has any one out there been able to burry this dead horse once and for all?

cleanspeed1 07-22-2011 08:25 PM

Nope. Usually gets sent to the Unicorn Corral for feeding and a brushing.

With diesel, it's already been proven that a mild propane or cng system gets the mileage way up. The MSD/Superchips electronic unit got an unladen Cummins Dodge to 44 mpg.

During the Diesel Power Shootout, one guy got his Duramax to near ( or was it over ) 50 mpg with a homemade CNG system. The guy that won ( Dmitri Milliard ) pulsed his nitrous system to 36 mpg ( 1200hp twin turbo Dmax ).

Go over to the Diesel Power site and do a search, it's in there.

gone-ot 07-22-2011 08:42 PM

...you can do the same/similar "improvement" with 'shots' of NOX too, because all you're doing is introducing a different fuel into the combustion process, one that either "boosts" power (NOX) or economy (CNG, propane, etc.).

...however, the REAL effect is simply that you're adding more fuel, albeit a different fuel, into the engine.

...add both fuels together, and your net "gain" is seldom above zero.

cleanspeed1 07-22-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 251626)
...you can do the same/similar "improvement" with 'shots' of NOX too, because I all you're doing is introducing a different fuel into the combustion process, one that either "boosts" power (NOX) or economy (CNG, propane, etc.).

...however, the REAL effect is simply that you're adding more fuel, albeit a different fuel, into the engine.

I'd love to see what a 150hp shot would do to that 383 you have OTM!:p

dcb 07-22-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleanspeed1 (Post 251623)
Nope. Usually gets sent to the Unicorn Corral for feeding and a brushing...

I first read this as bruising :)

cleanspeed1 07-22-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 251646)
I first read this as bruising :)

I am trying to stay nice.............

Bring this stuff up and battle axes and cattleprods pop out.:eek:

Sauteed Unicorn over a bed of leafy greens and a horn garnish anyone?:D

oil pan 4 07-23-2011 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleanspeed1 (Post 251623)
Nope. Usually gets sent to the Unicorn Corral for feeding and a brushing.

With diesel, it's already been proven that a mild propane or cng system gets the mileage way up. The MSD/Superchips electronic unit got an unladen Cummins Dodge to 44 mpg.

During the Diesel Power Shootout, one guy got his Duramax to near ( or was it over ) 50 mpg with a homemade CNG system. The guy that won ( Dmitri Milliard ) pulsed his nitrous system to 36 mpg ( 1200hp twin turbo Dmax ).

Go over to the Diesel Power site and do a search, it's in there.

Yep I hear that. I expermented with propane injection back in 2007. I was able to get over 30mpg (diesel only) easy with propane injection.
I did lots of reading on this. When running propane or CNG it seems like when you account for all the BTUs in the diesel and the BTUs per mile you get from the "gas" you get 3% to 5% more fuel economy that you cant account for.
Since the diesel is a heat engine BTUs per mile seems to be the only natural way to measure effectiveness when you have more than one fuel induction system on any on road heat engine.

deathtrain 07-23-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

...you can do the same/similar "improvement" with 'shots' of NOX too, because I all you're doing is introducing a different fuel into the combustion process, one that either "boosts" power (NOX) or economy (CNG, propane, etc.).

NOX, propane, CNG are for p#$$%. real men use ether:cool:

euromodder 07-23-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Actually, adding LPG or CNG to diesel, there is a considerable gain - more with CNG than with LPG.
It gives a reduction in (combined) CO2 output; emissions are lower because the diesel burns better with the gas; and a financial profit as either gas is less expensive here than diesel.

dcb 07-23-2011 05:45 PM

can you provide supporting links pls?