Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Zafira diesel not been looked after, not well!

Hi all, haven't been here a while. Separated from the wife last year and its been hectic. I don't wish to go into details, but I now use my car for work as a van. I carpet clean, I go round peoples houses and clean carpets. My 2.0 tdi Vauxhall/Opel Zafira is my workhorse and its not been looked after. I haven't been able to do a service on it, and haven't had time. Lately its been having starting problems. I have to crank the engine over quite a bit to get it to fire. Sometimes its quick, other times its like 4 to 5 10 second cranks to fire it up. Even if the engine is hot from running, incidently , it runs fine once its going. Am I looking at a dirty fuel filter? I put some fuel additive in the tank a few months back, hoping it would last a little longer till I can service it, which was last done February 2011. Surely this problem can't be a dirty filter, it wouldn't give me nearly 100mph that its capable of, I blip that fast to blow out the cobwebs once a fortnight if I can, other than that its a lot of town and built up areas and low speeds/sitting in traffic. I would expect coughing and spluttering when driving, but I don't. Passers by say I'm out of fuel! Thats what its like. Any ideas please?

Mike (single parent)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
How is the fuel mileage? Once you have replaced all the filters, especially fuel and air, start looking at the injectors; low mileage, hard starting may be linked to clogged/worn injectors.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi UFO, thanks for replying. Erm, never measured mileage but its dropped that's for sure. This starting issue was an overnight thing as well!!!

Reply  Post New Thread