| Forum | Blog | Garage | Tools | Mods for FE | Hypermiling / Ecodriving Tips | Store | FE Team Competition | Glossary | Project Library |
Welcome to the EcoModder Wiki.
As ecomodding grows, more and more information will get lost to time and the vortex that are forums. Being new, the Wiki is still in it's infancy, but do bear with it and remember some guidelines for use:
- This exists to store important facts, studies, and links to make them easy to use and grouped by topic.
- If you want to know something and it's not here, start a new article and invite others to help edit it.
- Don't just edit the Wiki willy-nilly, discuss on the talk pages first.
The Wiki is broken down in to 3 categories: Tips & modifications, Group projects, and Reference Material. Each section has many sub pages.
Enjoy looking and if you have data to add go for it!
If you have questions just ask one of our wiki moderators:
Users that are unable to edit the wiki may need to create a account on the wiki rather than using their existing ecomodder details.
- 1 Tips and Modifications
- 2 Major Group Projects
- 3 Reference Material
- 3.1 How to get your car EPA numbers?
- 3.2 Side mirrors regulations
- 3.3 Wiring Diagrams
- 3.4 Vehicle Coefficient of Drag List
- 3.5 How to calculate your Coefficient of drag.
- 3.6 Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC) Maps.
- 3.7 Aerodynamic graphs, charts, and ideal shapes.
- 3.8 Comparison list of batteries for EVs.
- 3.9 Virtual Library.
- 3.10 LED Conversion.
- 3.11 Rear Spoiler.
- 4 References
Tips and Modifications
List of modifications for better car efficiency
- Go to the Car MPG Efficiency Modification Wiki List.
List of tips for better car efficiency
- Go to the Hypermiling Techniques.
- Go to the EcoDriving 101.
List of tools for simulation and calculation of efficiency and modifications
- Go to the Simulation and calculations.
Major Group Projects
MPGuino is an open source fuel economy computer (Arduino based) for any vehicle with electronic fuel injection and a Vehicle Speed Sensor.
- Go to the MPGuino development area.
Open ReVolt Projects
"Open ReVolt Projects" the development of affordable EV Electronics: Motor controllers, DC Charger, BMS.
- Go to the Open ReVolt Projects Wiki.
This is the category where you can link or create a page for your cars modifications
- Go to the EcoModding Projects.
How to get your car EPA numbers?
- Go to the EPA Fuel Economy Website
Side mirrors regulations
- Go to the Mirror Laws by State (U.S.).
- Go to the Mirror Laws by Province (Canada).
- Go to the Wiring diagrams.
Vehicle Coefficient of Drag List
- Go to the Vehicle Coefficient of Drag List.
How to calculate your Coefficient of drag.
- Go to the Coefficient of Drag (Cd) of your car.
Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC) Maps.
- Go to the Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC) Maps.
Aerodynamic graphs, charts, and ideal shapes.
- Go to the Reference threads on aerodynamics.
Comparison list of batteries for EVs.
- Go to the EV Batteries list.
A list of books and technical papers.
- Go to the Virtual Library.
[|LED page ]
Wayne Gerdes Forum
EPA Fuel Economy Website
Geo Metro EV Conversion
300 MPG Blog