Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2024, 10:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
That loses the advantage j-c-c suggested.

A Z-section would give you the horizontal attachment and a wickerbill.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-11-2024, 05:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Has Left The Building..

never have liked the wickerbills plus the rear of the van doesn't need these things.. just the air tabs. I'm considering having the muffle repositioned as it siting upright and right behind the rear dead axle.. Since removing the full size spare.. there's plenty of space to retro fit another muffle in that area then add duel pipes. One thing thta concerns me is that the rear bumper cover hangs down and creates an area of drag I don't like. So I may have to have something created like a defuser. Next week heading to a fab shop/welder to have the spare tire bracket welded and talk to them about what can be done about a rear defuser.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinTransit View Post
never have liked the wickerbills plus the rear of the van doesn't need these things.. just the air tabs. I'm considering having the muffle repositioned as it siting upright and right behind the rear dead axle.. Since removing the full size spare.. there's plenty of space to retro fit another muffle in that area then add duel pipes. One thing thta concerns me is that the rear bumper cover hangs down and creates an area of drag I don't like. So I may have to have something created like a defuser. Next week heading to a fab shop/welder to have the spare tire bracket welded and talk to them about what can be done about a rear defuser.
You understand my use of "wicker bill" previously here was just an analogy as to shape and partially function, not to the typical rear DF wing use they are known for? Regardless liked or not, they are very effective for their original intended purpose of increasing DF when used on a rear wing.
The Following User Says Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-11-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 01:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Has Left The Building..

talked it over with the wife, and she doesn't want me to jerry rig the garden edging onto the van..

Reply  Post New Thread