Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post

It would accelerate the flame front, if it could be stored in adequate QTYs it would work very well at leaning out WOT enough that one could add some more fuel.

Ah well.
Maybe used in an "afterburner" for combined cycle e.g. steam turbine or thermoelectric generators?

Actually I'm being silly, running a little richer at the primary engine would be more efficient.

For combustion use, remember we're talking like 1 gram per mile, I don't know how much good that would do.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Maybe used in an "afterburner" for combined cycle e.g. steam turbine or thermoelectric generators?

Actually I'm being silly, running a little richer at the primary engine would be more efficient.

For combustion use, remember we're talking like 1 gram per mile, I don't know how much good that would do.
Actually you can make much more NOx if you used a ceramic engine with minimal cooling, the NOx could be stored in the solid metal "tank" then re-emitted when needed.

Too bad the "tank" would cost $10k and even though much more than 1 gram at superheated temperatures likely nothing to crow about either.

Ah well, maybe a technology for pollution control down the road.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

More info please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
Hey Old Mech thanks for chiming in here and pointing out this tech. I agree with this solution and support this technology. I can not wait for it to go mainstream!

GH
The web side is bare bones and links are dead...

This all there is there:" Welcome to Transonic Combustion

Transonic Combustion is a developer of next-generation fuel injection systems. Transonic Combustion’s Fuel Injection System delivers precisely controlled injection of heated fuel up to supercritical state. This Fuel Injection System is designed to improve efficiency and reduce emissions."

OMG for a couple of decades I have want to figure out how to product gasoline VAPORS....This is what I think I need: "delivers precisely controlled injection of heated fuel up to supercritical state"

"Supercritical state" reads (to me) as at the temp that given any air it will burst into flame....

This could be a pure vapor injection system....and could product fantastic MPG.

Anyone got any info on this??

Rich
Old 01-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Found a little more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transonic_Combustion

From the link https://www.sae.org/publications/tec.../2010-01-2110/

This combustion process is based on the direct injection of fuel into the cylinder as a supercritical fluid. Supercritical fuel achieves rapid mixing with the contents of the cylinder and after a short delay period spontaneous ignition occurs at multiple locations.

(Not as a vapor, but it is likely to flash into vapor much faster and more completely…)

The injection-ignition process is independent from the overall air/fuel ratio contained in the cylinder and thus allows the engine to operate un-throttled.

(This suggests using the fuel injection much like the diesels system to control engine RPMs and Power by the injection only, note no engine vacuum..)

Additionally, the stratified nature of the charge under part load conditions reduces heat loss to the surrounding surfaces, resulting in further efficiency improvements. The short combustion delay angles allow for the injection timing to be such that the ignition and combustion events take place after TDC. This late injection timing results in a fundamental advantage in that all work resulting from heat release produces positive work on the piston. Other advantages are the elimination of droplet burning and increased combustion stability that results from multiple ignition sources.

( These are the same claims of running an ICE on pure vapor….)

Rich

PS here is the history:

On October 25, 2010, Transonic presented a technical paper detailing its novel injection ignition combustion process at the SAE 2010 Powertrain Fuels and Lubricants Meeting in San Diego CA.[1]

On September 1, 2010, the World Economic Forum announced the company as a Technology Pioneer for 2011.[2]

As of March 2015, Transonic's website was defunct, and in April 2015 the facilities were up for auction.[3]

Reply  Post New Thread