Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #81 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Should fit where the alternator goes on a ty3. I recall busses had doghouses until water cooled.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #82 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Finally got the Honda controller apart and took a bunch of photos. Will post them later when the camera gets back here.

We need to get this kicked off so I can convert it to Paul's circuit board and test things out. Hope to get the scope and signal generator found and unpacked.

Crated up the controller and altermotor for shipping home to CR. Should take a month or so to get there. It's leaving here next Wednesday, so, lets go !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaroldinCR For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-26-2017), thingstodo (04-26-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #83 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Finally got back home and have a pic of the Honda IMA controller. This is a lower voltage unit I want to use for the altermotor. The controller is on it's way here in a crate. Should take about a month or so. The altermotor is also in the crate.

Now, I would like some help to point out what items I might be able to omit and if I can fit Pauls controller circuit. Right now I need to pay off CC's before I can get Pauls board.

I managed to carry back my O'scope and signal generator. We found the manuals for both so I guess I need to start learning how to use them. I presume I will need more and better pics. What I have may not be sufficient.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMA1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	21740  
Old 05-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #84 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Does Paul's kit DIY board come with the chip programmed ? I have no way or idea how to program chips.

I am looking at an OEM controller to go with this OEM alternator, but, I would like to run a boost converter circuit to get more RPM's at speed. Any input/advice would be appreciated. Expecting crate anytime soon, so I can started on this project.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:21 PM   #85 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ChargE - '92 Mazda MX6 LX
90 day: 33.89 mpg (US)

WinterTransport - '07 hyundai Sante Fe SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldinCR View Post
Does Paul's kit DIY board come with the chip programmed ? I have no way or idea how to program chips.
The bare board is just that - bare of chips and other components. So that one does not have a programmed chip.

The assembled and tested one has everything on it, all soldered up and ready to go.

I don't see a kit ... for the AC board. There is one for the 144V DC board that includes programmed chips

My advice is to email Paul from the store and ask for what you need. I remember that you have trouble getting parts to Costa Rica. If you ask him for a price on all the parts with the bare board and a programmed chip, he will likely create a kit for you. It may not be quick, but it should be easier than you sourcing small quantities and trying to get them shipped to you
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
HaroldinCR (05-29-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #86 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

FINALLY Got the crate with the Honda controller and the GM Altermotor, at 3 PM today. Only took 3 months to go 1300 miles. What a trail of ineptitude.

Have the camera battery charging and it's raining, so, photos tomorrow.

Now to get to work modding stuff to get this altermotor to work at up to 150V and 400 Amps or so. Will try to fit a controller board, (Pauls maybe), might not fit in the Honda controller case though.

Any and all info and assistance put in this thread would be greatly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to HaroldinCR For This Useful Post:
freebeard (08-01-2017)
Reply  Post New Thread