Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Check out the Ultragauge because it's cheaper and fully featured. The advantage is the many gauges your car does not have. For instance, I use the engine coolant temperature gauge to make sure my grill blocking is not overheating the engine. There is an alarm that goes off if a temperature threshold is exceeded. It can also display OBD2 trouble codes so that you don't have to take your car into a shop to see why the check engine light came on.

If your truck has a distance to empty gauge, I guarantee it is way off. The Ultragauge can be calibrated to be very precise. There are so many other features that you are better off reading them from the scangauge and ultragauge websites.
+1

Another feature I've unfortunately been making use of recently is that it will warn you about, display, and reset trouble codes, including pending trouble codes. Considering an Ultragauge costs less than the code readers at my local auto parts store, this alone makes it worth the cost to me.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Have you considered getting rid of the wife or is that considered too radical in your quest for fuel efficiency? ; )

Reply  Post New Thread