I mixed up some resin today and worked about 2oz into one of the side panels this afternoon. It's setting up so slowly, I"m a little woried that I didn't get enough hardner in it. I'm picking up a scale tomorrow so I can weigh the resin as I pour it and make sure I get the right quantities... it's going to be a mess if I have to peal the wet glass of this part tomorrow. :O
I don't really want to do the front and back of the piece at the same time, so my strategy with these pieces is to:
* stretch/lay cloth over the part and pin/tape it to the back. Let it sit overnight.
* Pour about 2oz resin into the front surface of the part and squeegee it into the cloth on the big front surface of the part, keeping it mostly away from the edges.
* Let the the front gel up/harden, and then mix up another 2oz to work around the edges and back.
I think that, to do this properly, I'd need to do the second pour within a few hours of the first, as I can't readily sand the glass that's close to the edges but isn't totally saturated, and I'm supposed to mind the amine blush stuff... I'll update again after I find out if the stuff I did today actually hardened up and I try the second pour to finish the edges.
While I was waiting for the resin to set, I went ahead and replaced the bushings on my stick shift today. It feels like a new trans now. Nice and tight. :P I also picked up some lexan to cut to fit the holes in the valence below the front bumper. I figure I'll glue them in w/ black silicone glue, and they should look pretty factory while improving aero.