Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2014, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
A madman

Pequod - '17 Subaru Outback
90 day: 22.79 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to brucey
Watching the second video, I can't help but wonder how much of the nationalism/british pride Clarkson always goes on about is scripted, and how much is actually him.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-18-2014, 03:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
AJI
EcoModding Apprentice

Rallye - '98 Peugeot 106 Rallye
90 day: 36.41 mpg (US)

RX-7 - '94 Mazda RX-7
90 day: 14.05 mpg (US)

NC - '09 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Couldn't help myself, couldn't wait, went and looked for it:

Watch Fifth Gear - Episode 9 Online - TV.com
He actually now owns an Insight, too.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
At least the 1st-gen Insight had some personality at its design, while the 2nd-gen became as bland as the Prius. Well, Honda intended to add some functionality to the Insight but it could be done without sacrificing the sporty style it used to have.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
At least the 1st-gen Insight had some personality at its design, while the 2nd-gen became as bland as the Prius. Well, Honda intended to add some functionality to the Insight but it could be done without sacrificing the sporty style it used to have.
Gen1 definitely had innovation. While its hybrid system did not work as well in the city as the Prius, I always thought that the car was otherwise better-designed, but since the Prius was better-known, I did not like that people would think that the Insight was a copy of the Gen1 Prius, which was a sedan.

Even if both just used Ye Holy Template, Tremble All who Behold It!

I do not have a good impression on the Gen2I. Looking into it, I am not finding any good arguments either way, someone complained that he or she needed to look through the steering wheel people to see the instrument cluster, and could not see all of it, but also hit his or her head trying to sit in the Insight.

I dated a girl with a Toyota Echo, Yaris, Xiali, Vitz, or Platz; she got it because she could not see a normal speedometer.

She was 5'0".

A different woman, of the same height, always tells me how small my Prelude was, because she hit her head. I am 6'2" and never had that problem...

Another poster put down a deposit on the Insight, but bailed because there was not a rear cupholder.

"I didn't consider the Fit -- I'm simply done with engines that don't automatically shut off at stoplights."

Does anyone have any useful information comparing the Gen2I and the Prius of the same years? It sounds like once they came out with the Prius C, if you had considered the Insight, you had much less reason for it.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Gen1 definitely had innovation. While its hybrid system did not work as well in the city as the Prius, I always thought that the car was otherwise better-designed, but since the Prius was better-known, I did not like that people would think that the Insight was a copy of the Gen1 Prius, which was a sedan.
I'm not really so familiarized with hybrid drivelines at all, but at least with the IMA it's still possible to drive the vehicle to a shop in case of some sort of failure of the electric drive.

Reply  Post New Thread