View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
robchalmers
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
The current Polo BluMo is cheaper than the Lupo/A2 3L but its a shame that yet again you don't get to have a go in the full euro spec cars. If you're worried about them being slow BTW they're not.... Last year I drove a few american cars while out there - a chevy trail blazer, ford fusion and a chevy cobalt coupe, the current BluMo's is nippy than the cobalt - quieter than the fusion at cruise and gains speed from rest or at highway speed quicker than all three due to the torque from that diesel lump! remember these are the same group that brought you the Audi R10 and R15 ALMS cars and the technology has flowed straight down the blood line.

Also the Current BluMo is only available here with a tall ratio manual box - being cynical I've a feeling that'll be a slushmatic by the time its released on the US market - Although you might get the kick-ass twin clutch DSG seemless shift box because that has an auto mode......

As an employee of VAG i'm a little biased though!!!

Wonder why you guys don't get the Passat BluMo??? Just imagine if every household in america went from a twenty something MPG Fusion to a fifty something MPG Passat BluMo your foreign oil issue would evaporate quicker than gas on a Houston forecourt!!!!! - If you want to stay home grown GM, Ford and Chrysler alll have European arms with amazing eco diesels that could do a similar job.

p.s. golf/rabbit = same Polo sooooooo Very very different its like comparing the fusion and the focus.

twitter.com/bertchalmers